JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q850t Soundbar sound cutting in and out

(Topic created: 07-28-2020 04:34 PM)
useru2ZyCEKiGr
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I purchased the Q850t package from Best Buy yesterday, including the soundbar, subwoofer, and rear speakers. I've been experiencing the sound cutting in and  out while watching cable. No issues with my cable sound prior, and the Q850t works great while watching movies, music, and gaming. I've tried hdmi ARC and tonslink cables, resetting the system, changing the audio settings on the TV and speaker to no avail. Has anyone else experienced this issue and found a solution? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109876/  

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. In order to get more info on this, you can send your full model code and serial number  with a link to your post via Private message. Or if you have recently purchase this you can also go back to your place of purchase to get an exchange. 

You can reach out to one of our Moderators here: Private Message 

Or Reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
userHcjAQG2k8y
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue.  But occurs when playing Amazon music on WiFi and when playing streaming TV/Movie sound via a direct HDMI connection to the soundbar from the Roku player (not ARC). 

Very annoying. 

Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109876/  

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. In order to get more info on this, you can send your full model code and serial number  with a link to your post via Private message. Or if you have recently purchase this you can also go back to your place of purchase to get an exchange. 

You can reach out to one of our Moderators here: Private Message 

Or Reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user1NNy07neAX
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue that just started. Unfortunately, the link you provide is for the subwoofer NOT the soundbar. Please provide a solution to the soundbar dropping out. (850t)

userb8WK4mdj56
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hi I'm having the same issue where u able to figure it out?

Zephar
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes, I have the same set up and experienced a problem with the rear speakers initially. There was no sound at all and reset, repaired.  Then I picked up one of the rear speakers to hold it to my ear and the sound came on. When I placed it back on the stand, The sound cut off. Picked it up again and it came back on. Interference was my initial thought but after placing them on the rear wall slightly above head level, I tested the sound intermittently coming on and off.  Then I started applying gentle pressure pulling out and lifting up on the spring loaded wire connections in the back of the small speaker and that revealed the problem of a poor connection from the wires within the connector. There must be some film over the wires or the connector is of poor quality.  this particular model seems to be a specific Best Buy package, and after working at Best Buy and other electronics departments I found these packages were made up, especially Costco, to appear like the higher end models but in fact were made of inferior components and for higher profit margin. Of course they always place prominently, “we will price match”, when nobody else carries the exact model except Costco or Best Buy. Very unethical.  Eventually got everything working properly and overall the system seems a rather goodbye and sounds fantastic. The salesman claimed the speakers were the 9000 series kit, rather than the lower and smaller 8000 series. The most expensive set up is around $1800 and they come with an even better set of other speakers, but for that amount of money you might as well buy separate components that would sound infinitely better. The downside is all the room and cabling required and complex connections with the receiver and then setting up a remote, or remote to get it all to work. I did this with the Panasonic and Yamaha set up and it worked fine, eventually. It was a true pain but worth it in the end. Please let us know if and how you resolved your problem and which speakers are involved or is it the entire system? The first thing would be to reset the subwoofer and then rear speaker pairing with the reset button or remote holding the up button until you see the message ID Set.  Then you’ll have the blue solid light on the subwoofer or rear speaker module, indicating peering successful.  Try fussing with the wire ends and connectors in back of the speakers if it’s the rear speaker your problem.  Seth 

0 Likes
userE9ci6kZvgq
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

jUst bought the Q900T and the soundbar sound cuts in and out every 10 seconds or so. For a second or two. Annoying! Tried different cables, turning on and off, etc. Nothing. So frustrating!!

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes