cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iBlueVirus
Asteroid

Q90R Soundbar Remote not working and will not auto turn on with TV (HDMI ARC)

I have a Samsung TV as well as a Q90R Soundbar.  It has been working fine then one day the soundbar will not turn on automatically when I turn on the TV.  If I turn it on at the soundbar button, everything works as expected.  The soundbar remote that came with it will not power up or down the soundbar it it works for the TV power, source, and volume button (for the TV only, obviously).

I believe i need to repair/sync the soundbar remote, but I can't find the instructions to do so.  And I hope somehow that would fix the auto on thorugh TV once that's fixed.  but not sure how the two are related as I am using HDMI ARC connection between the TV and the soundbar.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Q90R Soundbar Remote not working and will not auto turn on with TV (HDMI ARC)

Hey! Thanks for reaching out, try this link out and keep us updated.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

iBlueVirus
Asteroid

Re: Q90R Soundbar Remote not working and will not auto turn on with TV (HDMI ARC)

Soundbar has power and turns on manually.

Remote came with it doesn't turn it on

TV no longer automatically turn it on when i turn on the TV

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you send me a private message with your full model number and serial number?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

iBlueVirus
Asteroid

SENT!

userEEM41jytv7
Constellation

I am having same issue.  The soundbar works fine but the remote will not do anything.