JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90T Sound Drops Out For 1 - 2 Seconds Randomly

(Topic created: 01-24-2021 06:24 AM)
useraYqqDW445u
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a brand new Q90T 4k Samsung TV. I've had a problem since buying it with content through a 4K Firestick on HDMI 1. I also have a new Q950T soundbar, but i have disconnected it to make sure that the problem is with the TV. Every so often, between maybe 45 to 90 minutes, the sound completely drops out/is interrupted for 1-2 seconds. I've seen the same problem posted in several various forums, but haven't seen it specific to the Q90T.  

I recently watched a 2hr movie on a Sony bluray player where no dropout occurred. I have gotten the problem with the HBO Max app on the Samsung TV itself, so I'm not convinced it is just with the Firestick. I previously used the Firestick with an old Samsung, and never had this problem. I've tried resetting sound, resetting Firestick, etc. Software on the TV is up to date. If I use the 950T with eArc, I also get the same sound dropouts randomly, but as I said, I've tested without the soundbar and the dropouts continue.

At this point I guess my next step is to log a customer service issue with Samsung, but I wanted to post the problem here specifically linked to the Q90T so that in case anyone else has had the problem, or in case a Samsung representative is monitoring this forum and has suggestions, they can offer whatever advice or suggestions they may have. 

Equipment is Samsung Q90T, Samsung Q950T, Firestick 4K, all on current software. Firestick is plugged into HDMI 1, but again, I've also had it happen with at least one Samsung app in the TV apps (HBOMax) so the problem isn't necessarily specific to the Firestick. My ISP uses a Firestick sreaming app for live TV, so this affects all of my cable TV as well. So far I haven't had the problem using an antenna with limited tests, so this problem appears to be limited to streaming and/or decoding streamed content.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
14 Replies
useraYqqDW445u
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As noted above, it's a wifi connection using gig speed internet. There's no buffering issue. I've used wifi analyzer to look for potential conflicts and adjusted channel just in case. The router (5g) is within a few feet of the TV and shows -44 on the analyzer at the HDMI ports on the TV. The Firestick shows  good network connection.

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same issue.  It's very annoying.

usersk11dpHB70
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have a 2021 Neo QLED QN90A (65") connected to a Q950T via a HDMI 2.1 cable on the TV port 3 (eARC).  I have the latest software updates to both the TV and the sound bar.  the sound bar mode to the tv is eArc. Once every 45 minutes to an hour the sound drops for less than a second.  It does not matter what the source is (Amazon 4K Fire Cube, Verizon 4K FIOS, or 4K Blu Ray)  all three input sources are connected  direct to the TV via HDMI.  

user3aOJfY0ic8
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I'm having the exact same issue as described in the original post. No matter what the source every 30 minutes to an hour I get a 1 to 2 second pause in the audio. Not the video. It is only a pause in the audio. I would really like to know the issue. Very disappointed considering how much I spend on this Q90T
LV123
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I am on the latest firmware (1012.6) for the Samsung HW-Q90R. I find myself often having to reboot my speakers (physically unplugging/plugging back into outlets) and manually reseting the soundbar (pressing down the 'gear' button on the remote) almost every day because the rear speakers and subwoofers crackle every so often. The rear sounds like it is 'breaking up' and the subwoofers seem to 'crackle' as well. When I do the reset (unplugging/reset) the rears and subwoofer work as intended (no issue). It's becoming quite annoying to constantly have to reboot the soundbar every day in order to enjoy them. Could someone assist with a more permanent solution? This is an expensive sound bar and I would expect more support to help resolve as I'm seeing other posts similar to this that are not really getting the full support required. 

I'm also sharing the version updates across all components:

M 0133.0
B 1012.6
H 0051.0
FD 0040.0
W 0240.0
S 0136.0
RR 0136.0
RL 0136.0

Thanks

0 Likes