Original topic:

Q950A Rear Speaker Volume

(Topic created: 11-16-2021 03:53 AM)
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Just purchased a Q950A Sound bar. Have it connected to our recently purchased Samsung QN90A via HDMI Arc. Source is Dish Hooper 3. I have the rear speaker volume set to +6 and we still can't hear them unless you pick them up and hold next to you ear. I have tried a number of suggestions. I have the latest firmware on the TV and and the Sound bar. I have the Bass enhancement turned off. I have paired the speakers and woofer again and have blue lights. The woofer doesn't make much noise as well. Not much to change in the Hooper. Tried our BlueRay player with same results.

Is there anything else I can try? Disappointed considering what the sound bar cost. Sound bar sounds ok but the TV speakers seem just as good. Considering trying to return it. How does one get technical support? I have read other threads and see others having this issue and I saw no real solution.

0 Likes
6 Replies
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Any thoughts on this? Have tried a number of settings. Did the auto tune procedure again. Still very little sound from the rear speakers. Is it the content I'm playing? Using mostly Hooper from Dish Network.

0 Likes
userHsgwlntzGb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

What audio format is Dish  Hooper outputing?

If you have stereo, the only way to hear surrounds is to activate Surround or Adaptive sound mode.

If its on Standard the you will get only stereo.

The same is for Bluray player, depends what is going out.

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have to look at the Hooper settings for sound again. It only had two settings. One might have been Dolby. I have to look at what content is being played and how Dish is presenting it. The TV has streaming service so I'm going to look at some of that content. Would like some suggestions on what content might display what the sound bar can do?

I have the Hooper connected to an HDMI port on my new Sansung QNA90A TV. The HW-Q950A is connected to the TV HDMI Arc port. The TV sees the Soundbar. There are a number of settings in the TV I could look at. I also have the Smart Things app on my Iphone to change the sound bar settings. I hope they add support in the app to change the rear speaker settings. Right now you have to do that with the sound bar remote and look at the tiny display on the sound bar.

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I looked online. The Hooper has two sound setting. Dolby Digital Pass-through. I have that enabled. The other setting is volume leveling. It says that maintain consistent volume from commercials to content.

0 Likes
userHsgwlntzGb
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Ok, if you have Netflix on your TV you can test with any newer Atmos enabled content.

Dolby digital pass-through on Dish hopper is fine but Dolby also exists in 2.0 config so no surrounds if that's the one coming out of it.

Your best bet is to try with Netflix or Amazon Prime or Disney+ with content encoded with surround codecs on your TV. You should also see how to get those out on your TV through eARC.

There is really no reason why surround speakers wouldn't work...

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Thank you. I have those to try. I bet your right. Its all about the content. Lots to learn about audio. )

0 Likes