JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q950T rear speakers and sub stop working after power off

(Topic created: 09-19-2020 11:29 AM)
Erroneousss
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I see issues like this have been around in previous models. Just curious is there a fix for this?  

Whenever I turn off the sound bar the rear speakers and sub stop working next time it's turned back on. Nothing shows it loses its connection but they don't work. I had to power cycle the sound bar twice today to get them to finally work again after I linked them. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

have you tried to unpair the sub and speakers and repair them?

1. Turn the soundbar on, and wait until there is any text on the display, then press and hold the DOWN button on the remote for about 6 seconds until the display shows UPDATE.
  2. The display on the soundbar will cycle UPDATE > BYE > ON. This takes about 5 minutes.
  3. After the update, the soundbar will restart and the last source used will display for about 20 seconds before turning off.

Since the troubleshooting steps did not help above the next step would be service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

15 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

I'm sorry to hear that, so that I may look into this can I have your full model number and current firmware version number? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Erroneousss
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Firmware: HW-Q950TWWB-1016.0

Model: HW-Q950T/ZA

I have tried to unpair and pair the speakers multiple times.  They will work when re-paired (sometimes I have to repair them twice).  But when I turn off the sound bar and come back later to turn it in they speakers and sub longer work until I power cycle, and possible re-pair the speakers again.

This soundbar/speakers/sub are less than 2 weeks old.

Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

have you tried to unpair the sub and speakers and repair them?

1. Turn the soundbar on, and wait until there is any text on the display, then press and hold the DOWN button on the remote for about 6 seconds until the display shows UPDATE.
  2. The display on the soundbar will cycle UPDATE > BYE > ON. This takes about 5 minutes.
  3. After the update, the soundbar will restart and the last source used will display for about 20 seconds before turning off.

Since the troubleshooting steps did not help above the next step would be service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Erroneousss
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

When I do hold the down arrow as advised I see the display change from e-arc to UPD for about half a second before it goes back to e-arc again. No update is performed and no restart occurs. The issue remains. 

@SamsungCaleb 

userlpdY7CR34g
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue, update flashes for half a second but does nothing.

0 Likes
userijhRyo0Yd5
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue, update flashes for half a second but does nothing.

0 Likes
Erroneousss
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I tried every recommended thing I was told and I read. I could never get the firmware to flash and the problem kept occurring. The unit was sent in for repairs as recommended by phone support. Two weeks later I got the system back stating no problems found. When I plugged them in to try again the same problem occurred. So I got a refund. 

0 Likes
Erroneousss
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

To be clear, the "solution" provided by Samsung is a solution for other problems. But the problem this thread and discussion is about is not fixed following these steps.

As of right now Samsung has not admitted there is a problem as far as I know. 

userNo4gRPmijn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Had the same problem with a brand new set of Q950T, and searched high and low for a solution.

The above mentioned solution I couldn't use because I was never able to connect the the Soundbar to the Smartthings app, and therefor also not to the WiFi.

Here's what I did to make it work:

1. Turn off Soundbar
  2. Init pairing mode on SW + rear speakers (quick flashing blue LED)
  3. press UP on the soundbar remote until it reads ID SET in the display
  4. Verify that all speakers are playing and that the system is working
  5. While the system is now on, press - (Minus/volume down) and + (plus/volume up) on top of the soundbar simultaneously until display shows INIT

After that the pairing worked, the rear speakers and SW reconnects when powering the system on, AND I could now connect the soundbar to the WiFi from the Smartthings app