Original topic:

Q950a no sound from subwoofer

(Topic created: 09-24-2021 07:29 PM)
userdAvoQsxCwN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just got my Q950A delivered today, got it all hooked up…and zero sound from the woofer. It powers on fine,  solid blue light, resynced and reinitialized, updated the firmware and…nothing. I have yet to set up the rears since they use a stupid screw I don’t have to mount them on the stands I have.  

Samsung wants me to ship the whole works to a service center, Best Buy has zero stock to exchange, anywhere. Anyone else seen this?

0 Likes
3 Replies
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Just got mine the other day. Same thing happened yesterday. And no sound from the sound bar at all. Samsung TV showed It was directing sound to it. Woofer and rear speakers showed they were paired. Sound bar is connected via HDMI arc. I unplugged the sound bar from power and back in. The sound bar worked again. I had to pair the woofer and rear speakers to get them working again.

Still learning the controls but the rear speakers have little sound. I have them set to 6 max. I have to pick them up to hear sound from them. Not sure if I need to change a setting?

The smartthings app is lacking controls that have to be done at the sound bar and isn't fun to do. No option in smartthing for rear speaker volume.

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I have to look at what firmware level I'm at as well. Have not gotten that far.

0 Likes
userdAvoQsxCwN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I probably should have updated this - BB got them in stock and I just exchanged mine out. I wasn't dealing with shipping everything back to just get it fixed, especially given that it was all of 2 days old at the time. That's terrible customer service as far as I'm concerned - Samsung should have just done an exchange/replacement. Expecting the customer to send back a brand new product for "repair" is ridiculous. 

That said - mine updated the firmware and the soundbar worked, just not the sub. 

0 Likes