Original topic:

Q950t soundbar cuts out every 5 mins

(Topic created on: 4/5/21 9:10 AM)
user24BFlCG7lN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just bought a q950t soundbar - my sky q is connected directly via some certified high speed HDMI cables, the sound cuts out every 5 mins for a second or 2 - it also does this on Netflix / prime / Xbox / ps5 via the tv e-ARC.

samsung support are world class useless abs have no idea what to do apart for turn it in and off again - this has no effect, any help is really appreciated as I can see no reason why this would happen, or is this another flawed Samsung product ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
userBOj3TSflhN
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

seems to be a known issue with samsung q series soundbar.  it's been ongoing for over a year as best i can tell.  samsung has provided no meaningful updates to answer why this is happening.  they will tell you to turn it on and turn it off again, update the firmware...all the normal stuff any rational person would have done before resorting to reaching out.  my advice, take it back where you got it and get something else more dependable.  you'll notice many, many, versions of samsung q series soundbars experiencing this problem in the forums...all without any sort of resolution and just an expensive half working soundbar. 

0 Likes
Members_lsa9nhv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

This isn't entirely accurate. Audio drops are indeed a thing with the Q70T, Q800T, Q900T, and Q950T - but it is WAY less common than 5 minutes. Its usually every 1-2 hours for most people. Its enough to be a nuisance - but not the end of the world.

0 Likes
Members_lsa9nhv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

This isn't just Samsung. Other vendors had/currently have the same problem. Seems to be a bug relating to eARC. That said - every 5 minutes is either an exaggeration - or you have something wrong in your setup. Most people experience it every 1 -2 hours.

Note: the new firmware does seem to improve it a bit.

0 Likes