Original topic:

Random static on HW-M450 soundbar with S/PDIF

(Topic created: 04-13-2021 06:29 PM)
userqChQppn48B
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm out of ideas so I could really use some help. I have the HW-M450 soundbar hooked up via S/PDIF to my computer. For the past 2-3 years I've had it, it worked perfectly.

Recently, I changed my motherboard/CPU and got a Z590 board with Realtek ALC4080 audio. Ever since, the sound will randomly cut to a loud, constant static. Once I select my other audio source (a USB audio device with my headphones) and switch back, it's fine again.

I changed drivers from Realtek/Gigabyte supplied to Microsoft generic; it got better but still happens.

I updated the soundbar's firmware; nothing.

I reset the soundbar; nothing.

Uninstalled/reinstalled the Realtek USB Audio device; nothing.

PCI Express Link State Power Management turned to off; nothing.

Any ideas? Would love some assistance.

4 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01109855/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqChQppn48B
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm out of ideas so I could really use some help. I have the HW-M450 soundbar hooked up via S/PDIF to my computer. For the past 2-3 years I've had it, it worked perfectly.

Recently, I changed my motherboard/CPU and got a Z590 board with Realtek ALC4080 audio. Ever since, the sound will randomly cut to a loud, constant static. Once I select my other audio source (a USB audio device with my headphones) and switch back, it's fine again.

I changed drivers from Realtek/Gigabyte supplied to Microsoft generic; it got better but still happens.

I updated the soundbar's firmware; nothing.

I reset the soundbar; nothing.

Uninstalled/reinstalled the Realtek USB Audio device; nothing.

PCI Express Link State Power Management turned to off; nothing.

usertzSmILYH1A
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

you're not alone... Asus forums have people complaining about this with their Mobo and I too, with an MSI mobo, am having the same issue (z590)

0 Likes
userh9nQDm3ljM
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Got in touch with the Gigabyte support and they sent me this link for a FW update of the ALC4080 on my Vision D - no more noise-attacks up to now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mjKYWeqLHC0_zbX_AIAF0GhpFiwEf7r5/view?usp=sharing

0 Likes