cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR HW-Q90R - Problems with HDMI1 and HDMI2

Hello.

I've bought this Soundbar and for past 10 days I've been fighting with Soundbar's HDMI1 and HDMI2.

In order to get ATMOS, according to the Manual, you have to plug in HDMI-ARC on both Soundbar and TV. I did this and it works fine with TV sources and 5.1, but if you want ATMOS, you also need to plug in source device (like blue-ray, nvidia shield, xbox etc) to HDMI1 or HDMI2 in Soundbar.

This is when problem occurs - it works like for 10-30seconds and then it looses the signal. Display on Soundbar changes to: TVARC, and TV Screen says that Soundbar HDMI2 is not connected. It does not matter if I connect source device to HDMI1 or HDMI2. Even if I connect 2 different devices and turn them on, change to HDMI1 and start watching Netflix with Atmos, after 10-30s it happens. It says that there is no source even though both HDMIs are occupied and working.

This is crazy how many problems are there with this Soundbar (I've read too many posts in the Internet already). It is not cheap and I think it should work flawlessly. I even use Samsung TV to make it even easier but it does not help.

I'm absolutely sure it's something in soundbar. I checked everything and done everything:

-Reseted TV, Soundbar and Devices in various ways (factory resets, hard resets and so on).

-Changed and checked cables, bought new cables (HDMI 2.0, 2.1)

-Tried different devices (SHIELD, Xbox, PC, Blue-Ray) on different ports with different configurations.

-Updated Soundbar and all the other speakers and compared the settings to other users.

-Updated all the other devices after factory resets etc.

-Countless other things that people in the Internet advised to do.

I always get the same result: few seconds, black screen, and then that the source HDMI2 is not working. I switch again to HDMI1 or HDMI2 using Soundbar remote, desired device shows up, I can watch something in Atmos for another few seconds and same thing happens. Even if I swap to HDMI1 or HDMI2 and I do nothing, after 10-30s it shuts down and shows same message.

What I can do about it?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR HW-Q90R - Problems with HDMI1 and HDMI2

I'm sorry to hear that it seems that you have done all relevant troubleshooting my next recommendation would be to tack the device and get an exchange as you did just recently purchased the soundbar. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.