cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

SWA-8500S rear speakers not working with Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X

I have an xbox one x which supports dolby atmos and is plugged in the HW-Q70R soundbar. I also have the SAW-8500S rear speakers.

When the sound mode isn't dolby atmos on the xbox one x, the rear speakers work when streaming content on youtube, netflix, etc. 

However, when I changed the sound setting to Dolby Atmos on the xbox one x, the rear speers stopped playing sound while watching content.

How do I get the rear speakers to work with the dolby atmos on?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SWA-8500S rear speakers not working with Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X

Please check these additional settings in your X Box to make sure the encoding is correct.

Configuring DolbyAtmos® on yourr device.

• Open the audio output options on the settings menu of your device and make sure that “No Encoding” is selected for Bitstream. (For example, on a Samsung BD Player, go to Home Menu → Sound → Digital Output and then select Bitstream [unprocessed]).

• If the Audio Output options include Secondary Audio, make sure Secondary Audio is set to Off.

• Make sure that the content supports Dolby Atmos®.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: SWA-8500S rear speakers not working with Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X

Just reading the manual for the Q70R it states

"If the input source is Dolby Atmos®, 3.1.2 channels are outputted. The sound effect modes
controlled by the SOUND MODE button and listed above are not available"

Page 31

:-/