cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung 4K UHD players carry Disney+ app? UBD-M8500

So frustrated here too since Dolby Atmos to my Samsung/HK soundbar only takes the Dolby Atmos from the pass through 4k blu ray player. My 2017 QLED  55" DOES have the app and it streams in 4k but it will mean NO DOLBY ATMOS soundtrack.

Fortunately my LG / Sony Soundbar in the den are all compatible.

I've had chronic issues with my Samsung TV / TV Arc nonsense.  And customer responsiveness is zip. Sticking with LG going forward or maybe return to Sony.  Heard they've already pulled the plug on future 4k blu ray players.

Highlighted
Constellation

I received the app on my Samsung UN65KS8000 TV. It showed up in the apps menu

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issue did you ever get it resolved no one at disney or Samsung seem to be able to help.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung commmented to contact Disney.  I did and they said it is up to Samsung!  Samsung should just exit the business completely.  My QLED is buggy, despite their soundbar and their 4k Blu-ray player.  My LG OLED w Sony soundbar work perfectly.  Dolby Atmos shows immediately when I start streaming.

My sales guys at Best Buy no longer recommend Samsung products because of their lack of support and poor customer service.  I have to agree.  Unless I purchase a new television I will never get Dolby Atmos with the Samsung set up, including their $1000 HK soundbar that sounds amazing.  

so Samsung - care to comment on why you won't support your equipment and customers?

Astronaut

I have (or have had) a Samsung UBD-M8500/ZA 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player (bought Nov 2018) and it's been great with all other apps. Something simple as an app shouldn't be that hard. I can't believe the excuse of only certain processors will work. I have been a Samsung owner for decades yet what I am hearing I am sorry to have been a loyal customer for so long just to get tossed aside