Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PunisherNC
Asteroid

Samsung 4K UHD players carry Disney+ app? UBD-M8500

2017 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player

UBD-M8500 
Doesn't appear my Ultra 4K player has the Disney+ app as an available app here on Disney+ 's release date. Please tell me the developers at Samsung will be making this happen. It would be a crying shame to have such a great player with 4K capable apps and a 4K TV (not a smart tv) and not be able to stream this new, fantastic app. Does anyone have any info or is there a process to request this he put into development? 
11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung 4K UHD players carry Disney+ app? UBD-M8500

Hello, the development of the application is up to the Disney developers. I would recommend reaching out to them directly. 

PunisherNC
Asteroid

Is there a DL or contact you can share with me? I'll happily reach out to them

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

They can be reached here: Link

PunisherNC
Asteroid

That link didn't work 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can also copy and paste this into a browser: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

useriBiviKXpEB
Astronaut

Why wait on Disney? If anybody wants an easier solution, just dump Samsung and switch to Sony or you can wait it out since Samsung could care less

userXa105fcuIH
Constellation

Inaccurate!  I spoke with a manager at Disney+ and he said it is a SAMSUNG decision.

Like others, I just wished Samsung would grow up and exit the business completely.  The fact I have a QLED, HK / Samsung Dolby Atmos soundbar and the 4k blu ray player and they NEVER play nice together, and now I can't stream w/ Dolby Atmos like I can with Vudu, etc. because of Samsung exiting the bluray player business so why support it?

LG and Sony anxiously await my next tv/soundbar/player purchase.  So I'll use the LG OLED in the den with the better picture and receive Dolby Atmos for now.

Meohmy04
Astronaut

Hey there, after researching Disney's site it says the only Samsung that will have that app is a Samsumg TV with  Tizen operating system...that's it. Smiley Sad However, you can go to Disneyplus.com on the internet app and use it from there. Here is where I got that info.   https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=eac89167db3048900a2af56e0f96193b

PunisherNC
Asteroid

My internet app on the 4K player doesn't support it either lol