cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halo

Samsung DVR not compatible with ARC?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a QN65Q7FN TV and a Samsung HW-N950 soundbar.  I also have an older Samsung Blu-ray player and a Roku Ultra.  Since I have more than 2 devices, I figured that I would plug them all into my TV and then use the HDMI ARC connection to my soundbar.  If I leave the DVR (cable company provided Samsung DVR) disconnected, ARC seems to work great.  If I then plug in the DVR, ARC stops working.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Halo

Re: Samsung DVR not compatible with ARC?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to the Spectrum office yesterday and picked up a different DVR (Spectrum 201-H).  HDMI ARC seems to be working now.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What devices are connected to which ports? Please provide the current software version. 

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HDMI 1:  Samsung DVR (issued by Bright House/Spectrum)

HDMI 2:  Samsung Blu-ray player (older model)

HDMI 3:  Roku Ultra

HDMI 4:  Samsung HW-N950 (the firware version is 1001.2, I think)

The TV software version is 1131.9, I think.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, please check for any available updates, the newest firmware is ver 1153.1 

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is that firmware version (1153.1) for the TV or the soundbar?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is for the TV. Does the issue occur if you connect the DVR to a different HDMI port?

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hmm...  I hadn't thought to try a different HDMI port.  I will try that out when I get home tonight.

I'll also check for a new version of the firmware on the TV.  I did check over the weekend and it said I had the latest version, though.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted. If the television is unable to update automatically, you may need to install it via a USB Flash Drive. 

Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, so it doesn't matter which HDMI port I use.  HDMI ARC will not work if my cable box is connected.

I also checked for updates and the TV said there were no updates available.  This is odd because I can see there is an update on the TV's support page.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend installing it via USB.

Download the file, right click on it and click Extract and extract it to the base of the flash drive.

After this, connect it to your television and navigate to the software update section.