cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryantay
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung HW-K650 Soundbar and Radiant 360 Speakers for surround sound

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is exactly why i pretty much always revert back to using Just theSound Bar & Sub.  Adding the R3 into the mix doesn't sound nearly as good as it does without them and the surround sound is still pretty much nonexistent. My R3's are about to be listed on Ebay (along with the K650 once i find a suitable replacement)

user55YxUzvffT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here... sorry but I bought the hw-k950 and for that price I would expect a quick setup power machine but it is definitely not.

Connected everything via WiFi and guess what, the rears sound horrible!!! Almost worse than my handy. I thought I will add my r5 to the system but no look and no chance to group them together or configure it via multiroom in a smart way.

This was my last Samsung sound system, will try to sell it. The digital way how things work together is a mess.

userVt2oG7Prb3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I called customer support and they told me that my R5 is not compatible with my HW-K650 Sound bar.
TONY1966
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

MY FRIEND I WILL LOVE IT TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU SANDING THE MASSAGES TO MY PAGE WHEN I DO NOT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID. GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE IT GOOD DAY MY FRIEND, I WILL LIKE TO HELP YOU, BUT LIKE I TOLD YOU I'M HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. 

john329
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I find the answer that your R5s are not compatible hard to believe. I think you got bad advise from your support person. The R5s should work just as well as my R1s, albeit more expensive. Support for this system is very sketchy. Samsung obviously doesn't spend much time training their support people on the Multiroom app.

I have two R1s connected through the Multiroom app to my Samsung 9000 series TV and Samsung 7500 soundbar. The sound is decent when they all connect. The issue was worse before the last TV software update from Samsung. Now the system usually connects when I turn on the TV. I sometimes have to go to the TV sound area using my TV remote and manually connect the multiroom speakers, but thats ok. The TV finds the app, just doesn't always connect to it. The Multiroom app needs alot of work. Keep in mind, you are really not getting 5.1 surround. It's somehow rated at 4.1. Why, I don't know. The sounds coming from the R1s seems to be mostly a repeat of what the soundbar is producing, but I don't watch a bunch of programming that is really 5.1 anyway. I don't find the sound to be awful, just not true surround sound, if you get my meaning. If I were you, I'd call support again and ask for someone who deals with the multiroom app. Good luck.

usersyJz4OpHoI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks. I am thinking about buying the Radiant R5 to make a complete surround sound system. I guess I am holding off on this purchase.
userycVOYAx8BB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't get as far as you, although believe it or not I did get the PCM tip from a Samsung tech girl that thought that was going to solve my problem. Have a KS8000 TV, HWK650 Soundbar, and 2 Radiant speakers.  Soundbar sounds great hooked up with HDMI ARC.  Try to do it by wifi and bring the radiants into the mix and the soundbar doesn't even show up as a choice for a speaker in the sound menu of the TV.  Just TV speaker, TVARC, HDMI, and BT.  I can join the soundbar together with the radiants with the phone app and play music from them and it sounds fine, but just can't seem to get it going with the TV.  Any ideas?

userEX1cuQfruq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have HW-K650 and 2x R3 as rear speakers. I can't get them to work as 5.1. Stereo speakers with 2x R3 is fine. I don't have a Samsung TV. I am using it as a PC system. Anyone using these with a PC get them to work?

leelazer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI there

If you can't see the soundbar as an option on your TV then maybe it isn't on your WiFi network? can you confirm if you connected it to your home network or not? 

userycVOYAx8BB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The soundbar and two R1s are on the network.  I group them with other R3's and R5's to play music.  The soundbar is also connected via HDMI(arc).  When I go to TV/Settings/Sound the only options I have are TV Speaker, HWK650(HDMI), Bluetooth, and Audio Out/Optical.  It is set for HDMI(arc) and when on the soundbar says TV ARC. (There have been a couple of times that all the wireless speakers show up there, but when I pick the soundbar and try to set up surround sound, the test works with sound coming from all three speakers, but the tv has a message that it is configuring, but then says that it failed).

Since I have posted this, I have found that if I set up the HWK650 on the multiroom app on my S7 and crank up the volume on the rears, I do get sound from all three, but the volume has to be up to 30 to be loud enough to hear a TV program.  Not being an audiophile I don't know if the sound I'm getting is what I should be getting or if the fact that the TV doesn't indicate that I have it set for surround makes any difference.

Samsung support once told be I needed a hub which I purchased and installed connected to a internet extender supplied by FIOS that is right next to the TV/soundbar so wifi strength shouldn't be an issue.