cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user1AzzCue1bV
Constellation

Re: Samsung HW-N950 - no vocals on rear speakers and quiet subwoofer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My subwooer is also "quiet" with LPCM 2.0 sources like my PC or my TV receiver.

You should try Atmos or DTS movies, the subwoofer is very good with these sources.

user1AzzCue1bV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The new firmware 1005 is online, did someone already tested it with LPCM sources like a computer ? I hope the subwoofer will works as espected now.

userj8hrypcdur
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have the exact same issue...  only I did a direct comparision with my older HW-K950 to be sure there was a real issue with the new HW-N950 I set up yesterday (yes I was silly enough to buy the N950 after issues with the K950).  I can say with very high certainty there is a real issue with my new unit (HW-N950).  A direct compairsion with the same speaker configuration and demo video (Dolby Atmos Amaze) had the HW-N950 subwoofer very low and the surrounds also much lower than my HW-K950...  yes same speaker settings also.   I also turned up the sub all the wasy to +6 and still had the same issue.  Tech support from Samsung had be send the unit back for repair...  literally the same day I opened the box new.  Yes...  very disappointed, but I think it is unit specific and am hoping for similar (or better performance) than my HW-k950 only without the speaker connection issues.

user3pLEnr9jb8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think this problem is general, it will take some firmwares to correct all the problems ...
but what can we do ??? here are the MODERATORS going back to the problems with the brand?

user1AzzCue1bV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The new update 1005.1 is available (2018-12-04) and fix the subwoofer issue with LPCM sources.
Previously I had v.1005 (2018-11-30) and the subwoofer was still quiet.

user3pLEnr9jb8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

on the other hand it still does not correct the problem of surrounds, they are always so quiet! in short, at this price it is shameful! never again for me.

Highlighted
userE2zbXMiQtb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issues. Even in atmos the rears are very very quiet. I increased the setting to +6 but it doesnt give any difference.

Pairing is ok

userEQBcHM3Wcn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I had this similar issue. My sub was working but my rear speakers were not working. I messed around with it and then I noticed nothing from the sub. I played around with it more and found the solution to the no sound from rear speakers and no bass from sub.   

I noticed that my blue led indicator on all three were solid blue but no change. Volume on rears were up to +6 and sub was on highest level still nothing. So what I did was unplug the sound bar , unplug the sub, unplug the two rear speakers. 

I then plugged up the sub up then the two rears. I noticed that they were blinking blue but slowly not fast. I pressed and held the pair button on the sub until it began to blink blue fast. When you hold the button it will have the red light come on next to it then it the blue light will blink. Keep holding the button as it will blink then come on and off. Keep holding it until the blue light blinks fast not slow as it will blink slow in the beginning. You will notice the difference. Then I did the same thing to the rear speakers. Once the sub and both rear speakers were blinking fast I then turned the sound bar on and held up on the remote dpad for five seconds until it said I'd set.  I went on YouTube and even Netflix and the years and sub work great. Not the same issue. I have my sound mode on surround in case you want to know and even when not watching Dolby content I hear surround sound and its good. Hope this helps

JuNiTo79
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The other day my rear speakers were great  working and today they are not working and is even the same movie. Any solution to this?

userF1spiSa9oI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues as previously stated. But my sub works great and so does the sound bar. The issue is with the rear speakers, very soft vocals or any sound and its only works in surround mode. The rear volume is at +6 but makes no difference. Any other solutions? I have tried HDMI and ARC cables no change.