Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2sNMFygFg2
Asteroid

Samsung HW-N950 - no vocals on rear speakers and quiet subwoofer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi All,

I have an issue with  my HW-N950. I use HDMI ARC (good quality) and set rear settings to +6 and those front/central to 0 (i tested various scenarios) and also set virtual to on.
My rear speakers work partially. They are very very quiet, i can hear some music or background noise in movies but there is literally zero vocals (of characters in movies or lyrics in music).
It also seams that the subwoofer is very quiet too (bass is almost not hearable).

Resetting the settings of soundbar (pressing and holding "settings button"and then switching off and on soundber) does not help. Also pairing rear speakers and subwoofer does not help too (i have there blue solid light which is ok).
I have Sony tv and checked various settings but it looks nothing helps.
I have the same issue on Netflix, youtube, Tidal, basically anywhere.

Does anyone have the same experience?
Did anyone have the same experience and resolved it somehow? If yes how?

Please help
Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung HW-N950 - no vocals on rear speakers and quiet subwoofer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Most vocals remain at the front speakers while surrounding sounds go to the rears. 

43 REPLIES 43
user2sNMFygFg2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Forgot to mention that firmware is up to date
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried moving the rear speakers closer to the soundbar? Does this issue occur with HDMI devices as well as the TV's apps?

user2sNMFygFg2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reply.

Just took rear speakers closer to soundbar (the are both now like 10 cm to the soundbar) and it  is the same, i.e. no vocals.

Just noticed that subwoofer does not generate any bass either.

Both rear speakers and subwoofer have solid blue light at the back so they are paired.

I use surrounding settings (not smart or standard).

I do not believe that it is normal it has to be some kind off issue. I used to have better bass and vocals with my old speakers i paid 20$.

As for the other TV apps, i have exactly the same issue on youtube, netflix, tidal - all built in TV apps.

I do not have any other HDMI devices (or any other devices at all) connected to my TV, and never had.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using the different sound modes? Do you have any other wireless devices in the room or on top of the speakers?

user2sNMFygFg2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I use surrounding settings (not smart or standard). Smart and standard are even worse, if i choose to either of them i hear nothing from rear speakers (like they were switched off totally). Only on surrounding i hear some very quiet music but no vocals at all.
I have a remote keyboard (used for tv) which is a wireless device, but i really doubt it causes the issue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a different HDMI cable? Most vocals remain at the front speakers while surrounding sounds go to the rears. 

user2sNMFygFg2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I will check a different HDMI cable later today (unfortunately cannot check it now).
If most vocals remain at the front speakers, then i hear literally zero vocals at rear speakers. I really do not believe it is ok.
My very cheap computer speakers are 1000x much better than rear speakers from this soundbar. I hear from these rear speakers zero vocals and barely can hear some background noise. What the point of having them if the sound is weaker than from any mobile phone on the world? Smiley Happy
user2sNMFygFg2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tested different HDMI cable and it is the same.

With atmos videos rear speakers are very good. With 5.1 are fine but with youtube/tidal and other apps are quite weak.

I agree with you, most probably the root cause of this "issue" is that rear speakers do not produce vocals on surrounding 7.1.4 or 5.1 otherwise they would be stereo speakers.

Thank you for help

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are most welcome.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.