cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tailgunner747
Constellation

Re: Samsung HW-N950 - no vocals on rear speakers and quiet subwoofer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Moderators on here do not have a Clue about things.  Samsung does not CARE!!!  This is just a $1500 piece of JUNK not worth $200 so Do Not Buy!!!   You cannot adjust the volume of the subwoofer or the 2 surround speakers so you can hear them.  JUNK  Mine will not even update even with Update on a USB drive plugged into soundbar.

uservvdCqtmyw3
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Page 28 of the manual. My speakers adjust fine. You might want to box up your junk and take it back. 

PG 30 Output specifications for the different sound effect modes

Effect

Input

Output

With Subwoofer & Surround Speaker

STANDARD

2.0 ch

2.1ch

5.1ch

5.1 ch / 7.1 ch (DTS)

7.1ch

7.1ch

7.1.4 ch

7.1.4 ch

SURROUND

2.0 ch

7.1.4 ch

5.1ch

7.1.4 ch

7.1ch

7.1.4 ch

7.1.4 ch

7.1.4 ch

SMART

2.0 ch

2.1ch

5.1ch

5.1 ch / 7.1 ch (DTS)

7.1ch

7.1ch

7.1.4 ch

7.1.4 ch

IftheinputsourceisDolbyAtmos®,7.1.4channelisoutputted.Thesoundeffectisnotavailable.

Tailgunner747
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have same Problem exactly.  No way to increase Volume on subwoofer and the 2 surround speakers so you can hear them.  Samsung does not seem to care or have an answer.  VERY POOR design for $1500 soundbar and speakers!!!!!    I agree JUNK!

user1AzzCue1bV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have no problems with the rears, i set them to max though and they are very close to me.
However the sub is far too quiet for gaming (PC Games, Switch games and Nvidia Shield gamestream). I only get good bass when i set upmixing to 5.1 in my Shield. Unfortunatly, it only works for video and music, not for games. I bought this soundbar for gaming and this is very disapointing. I can't understand why the volume of the bass is so low for gaming since it's very loud for Atmos source.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Tailgunner747 wrote:

Have same Problem exactly.  No way to increase Volume on subwoofer and the 2 surround speakers so you can hear them.  Samsung does not seem to care or have an answer.  VERY POOR design for $1500 soundbar and speakers!!!!!    I agree JUNK!

You keep posting this, but it is simply not true.  I, and others, have told you exactly how to increase the volume on the sub and the rears.  It's actually quite easy, and right there in your user manual.

user4pKK3Ry1Kp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, My rear surround speakers are working but very mild and low volume, not powerful. I have also put my both surround rear speakers on maximum volume +6 level (both rear and rear top) but still it's weak. You said that yours are fine. What else you want me to change in settings? If you don't mind could you please send me a screenshort or photo of your page number 28 in manual? Samsung did not provide this detail information on Australian Manual. Also Samsung online chat was not helpful and did not solve the problem. Waiting for your kind reply. Thank you.

user4um3WxZdFZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I just picked up my N950 and have been experiencing similar issues to those posted here. I.e. the rear speakers being too low to hear and bass being a bit weak even with both turned up to +6 which made no difference. I thought I would share me experiences.

For me the issue is source as when plugged directly into into the soundbar (and HDMI ARC to tv HDMI ARC) Atmos and other surround sources have been working relatively well with the rears and soundfield enveloping me as appropriate (Xbox one x with Atmos for games and ultra hd movies).

The issue for me had to do with content coming from the tv via the HDMI ARC connection. I tried the solution above regarding resetting the rear and sub link connection but can confirm it is just nonsense and makes no difference. My issue is in regards to PCM being the default sound format passed to the the soundbar by my tv. On my LG OLED switching this to auto from PCM immediately and completely resolved the issue. Also have the soundbar set to smart or standard (I actually prefer the emphasis on smart but standard is the raw output with surround being terrible in my experience).

If this doesn’t work for you I would suggest ditching the ARC connection from your tv and going with optical as that worked for me properly with no problems. It’s also possible that some HDMI cables may not be up to the job (saw issues with fake high speed hdmi 2.0 not pushing enough bandwidth required and causing issues on another forum).

Thanks

Dave

user4pKK3Ry1Kp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung HW-N950 7.1.4 CH Soundbar (Very Unsatisfactory experience)

I used this sound system for 10 days at my home and I managed to give it back and got my full refund.

Soundbar itself and subwoofer they both are excellent and powerful. But when it comes to the Surround Rear speakers, they are very weak, very mild and powerless. I put my both surround rear speakers on maximum volume +6 level (both rear and rear top) but still they were very weak. There is no such option to adjust the distance of rear speakers. Everytime I had to stand up and keep my ears close to rear speakers to check anything I can hear. They both were working but not powefull performance.  Also Samsung online chat was not helpful and did not solve the problem. I disconnected and repaired manytimes but no changes. I also updated software through WiFi but still same. 

The other big headache was if you pause your video more than five minutes, sound system will go on sleep mode and TV speakers will activate automatically. Everytime I had to go on TV Menu to turn the sound system on. 

I have paid big amount of money to buy this soundbar and did not expect this.  So I had enough. I am happy as I got my full refund. So Good Luck you people. 

lodbrok
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi I know this is late but I yust have the same problem.. Plug out the power kord and back in and then it all works...  probarly the little pc in the bar that needs to reset sometimes. You know like the pc , if I use standby to long and never shut it down it starts acting weird. A fresh restart and its all okey. 

userstRKnryO3C
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same issue. Subwoofer is almost non existant and I have exactly what you have tried. 

I see that the thread is solved but my sub can be set at +6 or -12 and there is no difference. Yep did the same as you re paired and all blue etc.

Did you ever get your sub to work properly?