cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lodbrok
Asteroid

Re: Samsung HW-N950 - no vocals on rear speakers and quiet subwoofer

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi   I found a quicker way to deal with the problem. No sound from the two back speakers and sub and the blue light was on on all tree. I yust unplug the soundbar and back in and then it works fine. Considering a remote controlled power outlet so I can switch the bar complitely of sometimes. 

userKx7VGCOcMW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. but, how to update?

Greetings,

Don.

userc0fFigYfw9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello , 

I just unboxed by HW-N950 yesterday. 

i managed to get the last update my setup is the following: 

TV : Philips OLED 873

Samsung HW-950 as soundbar

connection HDMI ARC between the two, using the HDMI cable provided

sound on rear speaker and rear speaker top and bass + 6

I have to agree with what has been said. for some reason, when playing on TV (youtube, Netflix) some stuff, Subwoofer and rearspeaker are realy unnoticable. soundbar is doing great. Even if i just go for the "surround" mode, they just have like 10 times less sound than front speaker. I really don't understand why. 

Do samsung as any idea about this ? are those rearspeaker supposed to be like 20 cm from your head ? 

kind regards, 

lodbrok
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi    unplug the soundbar from the power outlet and it works fine again.

Me to  watchin movies yesterday and react to the cheap sound and noticed the rear speakers was dead with steady blue light on.. same with the sub.. 

After the unplugging it all works fine. Buy a remotecontrolled power outlet to give the bar's little PC a fresh restart now and then!   

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you played around with the audio settings on the television by any chance?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userkML6I0N7zy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just bought this set today and I am having the same problem with the rear speakers and subwoofer! I am running the latest firmware 1005.1 and I have tried ARC and Pass through with my fire TV and I have the same problem. Would be great If Samsung could finally get this right in 1006!

userc0fFigYfw9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello yes i did 

sounbar is now connected arc to tv and hdmi to console.

i can try to play on YouTube 5.1 or 7.1 vidéo, on both my console or my tv but nothing change.

i tried  console audio output to pcm linear, dts or Dolby.

moreover, if i launch a video test for rear speaker in 5.1 or 7.1, when rear speaker should be played as shown on tv , it is the central speaker that play the  sound.

is it possible to change these speaker? At some point if this issue is not solved i will ask for a refund 

userc0fFigYfw9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update : hardware is not the issue. One game (apex legend) use rear speaker properly. But i only noticed this on this game, for me issue is software 

userc0fFigYfw9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: 

tv is Philips oled 873

when using Netflix or YouTube from tv (Androïd) and playing 5.1 there is 0 sound from rear speaker.

if i get 0 feedback i will send back this soundbar

userbZHNOhIfWI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exact same problems with my Samsung HW-N950 Soundbar. Weak bass...almost nothing. Have cranked up Bass to +6 and Sub woofer to +6 and still nearly inaudible "Rumbling" bass. Also, very little sound from rears. What a joke. I had a great surround sound system with top range receiver, Diamond series 7.2 Wharfdale speakers including 2 x 200W subs. It literally shook the house with huge bass and total clarity. Why oh why did I change?? Unless someone can help, this thing is going in the rubbish.