cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user1gViXdU4J2
Constellation

Samsung HW-Q70R automatically switching back to Adaptive Sound Mode

Is anyone else experiencing your HW-Q70R automatically switching soundmode to Adaptive? 

My Soundbar will switch back to Adaptive (from Standard, Surround, or Gaming) from any HDMI input on the One Connect (I have a Samsung TV).  It also will move the volume to 22 when it does this.  I have also experienced the volume moving to 22 when already on Adaptive sound mode. 

Any suggestions?  Samsung support is bad to be frank so I'm asking the community

3 REPLIES 3
userbOrQQcK6PE
Constellation

Re: Samsung HW-Q70R automatically switching back to Adaptive Sound Mode

I have the same issue. Is this by design?

user1gViXdU4J2
Constellation

I finally figured out that my device had gotten into Shop Demo mode (display says SHOP6 at start up).  Have to turn this off for the unit to even work correctly.  

I can't remember how I turned it off.  I believe you have to hold the Volume Down or something on the Soundbar.  I would suggest you search for how to turn off Demo mode.  Otherwise, call Samsung support and ask.  Sorry I can't be more help. 

Having said that, now that SHOP6 is turned off, the Soundbar with satelittes is fantastic.  The satelittes didn't work (play sound) I'm shop mode even though they could connect. 

userSJKJOLF772
Astronaut

MODEL NUMBER: HW-MM55C/ZA

is in shop1 mode, support says call the 800#

no help there, how to get it outa demo shop mode?

tried everything except a firmware update

help?