cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung HW-Q70T Soundbar stuttering bug

Recently purchased a Sony A8H and Samsung Q70T Soundbar.  Using the in-TV apps, I've noticed that I'll randomly get a really loud and obnoxious stuttering/ticking noise.  Please see the link below.

https://youtu.be/3fvAcVBf7Io 

I'm connected to the TV via eARC and I'm using the HDMI cable included with the Soundbar.  

Power cycling will temporarily alleviate the issues but it'll come back every once in a while.

Am I missing something or do I have a dud?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung HW-Q70T Soundbar stuttering bug

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your current firmware version number? Also, does this occur with external devices? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Firmware Version: HW-Q70TWWB-1017.5

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this also occur with any external devices? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The only externak device I have is my phone via BT connection. I have not seen the issue but as the issue is intermittent I don't see that as conclusive that this issue wouldn't happen via BT either.  

So far I have tried to replace the HDMI cable and have not seen any improvement. Still getting the audio stutters.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable with another?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, switching the HDMI cable did not fix the issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem as well. The stuttering sound comes on at random to where I need to power off the soundbar in order to fix the issue for a bit. I updated to the latest firmware and also tried 3 different HDMI cables that are confirmed to work on my other devices. Bluetooth works with no problem. I also tried resetting both devices to no resolution.

TV: Sony A8H

Soundbar: HW-Q70T with firmware 1017.5

ConnectionL eARC

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having this exact same issue while playing games!!