JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HW-Q990C soundbar crackling sound

(Topic created: 06-07-2023 11:54 PM)
TCHAN1
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have recently purchased the q990c and it seems there are some factory issues with the right rear speaker. The speaker is producing a "crackling" sound inwhich is not apparant in the left rear speaker. This crackling sound is only apparent when I played specific types of music/notes (e.g. Minecraft by C418). I have tried many solutions and none seem to fix or alleviate this issue.

Here is a list on what I have tried:

1. factory reset the speaker by holding the + and - volume buttons for more than 5 seconds

2. connected to my smart things app and conduct a firmware update

3. played different types of music/movies in different sources (bluetooth, HDMI eARC, etc.)

4. resetting wifi connection

5. relocating the rear speakers and sound system

6. switching off and on the power of the rear speaker

Is there anything I could do to fix this? I only just bought this soundbar set 2 days ago and I prefer not to repack the whole set and return it...

Here are the soundcloud links to show the issue (the issue is in the right speaker):
https://soundcloud.com/dawddawd/sets/q990c-issues?si=3eeccc0069204294a7ee90418e89a301&utm_source=cli...

Listen to q990c issues, a playlist curated by dawddawd on desktop and mobile.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey guys. First off, welcome to the community! When you hear static coming from your soundbar, it could be from a bad signal from the TV or a poor connection. Did you know that it could also be caused by your phone? Mobile devices, like phones and tablets, can cause interference when placed near the soundbar, which will in turn cause static. There are a couple of things we can try to solve this.

Move your phone or tablet away from the soundbar.
Move the device at least 3 feet away from the soundbar, and see if the static is gone. Make sure to play the same music or video content that had the static.

Make sure all cables are firmly connected to the soundbar.
Disconnect and then reconnect the cables to the soundbar (at both ends) to ensure that they are firmly situated, and then check for the static again.

Check if the static occurs on all sources.
If possible, replay the content (or something similar) from every other device connected to the soundbar.

If the static only occurs on one source, replace the cable that device is connected with. If the static continues, there is an issue with the external device.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

View solution in context

2 Replies
s14-Xavier
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have this exact issue but with the center channel.  It became apparent for me with ps4’s main menu. High pitched/piano notes 

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hey guys. First off, welcome to the community! When you hear static coming from your soundbar, it could be from a bad signal from the TV or a poor connection. Did you know that it could also be caused by your phone? Mobile devices, like phones and tablets, can cause interference when placed near the soundbar, which will in turn cause static. There are a couple of things we can try to solve this.

Move your phone or tablet away from the soundbar.
Move the device at least 3 feet away from the soundbar, and see if the static is gone. Make sure to play the same music or video content that had the static.

Make sure all cables are firmly connected to the soundbar.
Disconnect and then reconnect the cables to the soundbar (at both ends) to ensure that they are firmly situated, and then check for the static again.

Check if the static occurs on all sources.
If possible, replay the content (or something similar) from every other device connected to the soundbar.

If the static only occurs on one source, replace the cable that device is connected with. If the static continues, there is an issue with the external device.

If this does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look. As we would like to gather additional information and look at this from a case-by-case basis, please provide the full model code and serial number of the device as well as your best contact phone number, name, and email.  

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter 

Send Message to Moderator

If your unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location