Original topic:

Samsung HW Q990b left rear speaker disconnecting frequently

(Topic created: 09-18-2022 08:15 PM)
503pdx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Has anyone had any luck at all from Samsung with getting the frequent left speaker disconnect issue resolved?

I’ve already returned one unit and now the 2nd is doing it too. 

Firmware is up to date, there is nothing blocking the Bluetooth connection, this is so frustrating for a nearly $2000 unit. 

Also Samsung support is completely useless when you call. They advise me to mail in the speaker for repair at my expense after explaining for about 10 minutes the rear speakers are wireless

10 Replies
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Home Theater
Is it 100% wireless or does the speakers hook into a receiver that is wireless
0 Likes
503pdx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes it's completely wireless.  There isn't a receiver for the surround speakers.

0 Likes
Danson Thian
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Bought mine in June, disconnection issue occur within 2 weeks and onwards. Been waiting for Samsung to update new firmware to solve this problem. Unfortunately no changes until today. My rear speakers and sub still disconnect very often, especially my left rear. Called the service center and I was told to bring the faulty units to the nearest service center. Haven’t got the time to bring it over. Has anyone found any solution? 

0 Likes
Winchester246
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I returned my unit a few weeks ago due to this issue. From what I have read, it appears to be due to a weak antenna in the rear speakers I am hoping Samsung will acknowledge and fix the issue soon. 

0 Likes
userwIcmkO4Fzx
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Also having this issue, with both rear satellites and the subwoofer.  

I thoroughly explained the issue to Samsung support and sent it back to Samsung for repair.  They replaced the front speaker grill of all things and said "repair complete".  Lol.

Fortunately, Amazon allowed me to exchange outside the return window, but now the new unit is doing the same thing.

Inexcusable at this price level.  Can't wait around for a firmware update that may never come, so about to send it back and cut my losses.

0 Likes
userSPz7YoG2XU
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Appears to be an issue with the transmitter card on the main speaker. Sent it in for repair - waiting to see if indeed fixed. 
https://iili.io/Z0mYQt.jpg 

0 Likes
Joe7
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did this fix the issue?

0 Likes
ferrari5228
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Did the new card fix the issue

0 Likes
sevenAte9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have had the same problems, just like countless others. It angers me that Samsung would have shipped this product out with these connectivity issues. I have even read where owners have shipped it to Samsung and they supposedly  repair the until and ship it back to the owner and the owner finds that the problem was never fixed...