cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userOleRDELDj8
Asteroid

Re: Samsung N950 does not work properly with Xbox One X and PS4

Regardless of who the issue is with, the moderator of this feed should be in contact with us. Ive already contacted the office of the president for this and other issues. 

userL8eO2gbx2I
Constellation

hello, Atmos sound is not a problem of the Xbox,
because I have the opportunity to test both. In the k950 everything works fine with the XBox and at the N950 Atmos just does not work.
Here are facts addressed and a mistake that several buyers of the new N950 have.
You can not ignore that.
Highlighted
usertJbMKZs8wr
Asteroid

Are you saying that when you are playing Atmos game on N950 it is not working at all or are you addressing the fact that in some games rear speakers are quiet and side speakers play audio instead? 

If it is the latter and you are comparing it to K950 then please read my findings of how 5.1 content is mapped to 7.1 setup without upmixing. K950 is 5.1 that is why it sounds ok for every game. N950 is 7.1 and when you play 5.1 game content on 7.1 you should actually hear surround speakers (side speakers of N950) and rear surrounds are quiet (there is nothing to output on those channels). 

But I agree that I would invite if someone from Samsung or Harman Kardon either confirms or denies that. 

userUOzbUFCqMh
Constellation

I cant even get mine to switch to dolby atmos, every time I select the option it says there is a issue with my receiver ,has anyone else had this issue and how did you fix it

userL8eO2gbx2I
Constellation

Hello, the problem is only with the HW-P950 fixed. (Joke). we have been working for months for a solution in the form of an update. But this does not interest anyone here who could help. That's the way it is in life.
all very sad.

RG9400
Asteroid

This soundbar is borderline unusable with the Xbox One X now. Not only is the sound a major issue, but as others have mentioned, video and audio now cut off frequently. You have to cycle through the inputs to get it to work again. 

The mods don't even bother responding, which is pathetic considering how expensive this bar is. Additionally, no one has confirmed if this annoying behavior is by design, a bug on Samsung's end, or a bug on Microsoft's end.

I think that's what is most unacceptable about this situation, and I have conveyed the same to multiple potential buyers looking for home theater solutions. I wonder if Samsung management is really okay to let service quality and potential buyers slip just because the mods are too scared to respond. 

userXG9jSf9Th7
Constellation

I have the same issue and have been unable to fix it. I too am disgusted at the service level of Samsung for such an expensive item. I wait in hope.

ForeRunner-53
Constellation

I'm having the exact same problem with my Xbox One. I have not had any luck with Microsoft fixing this problem either. I also have problems with getting the Xbox to switch to bitstream only to actually playback audio in Dolby Atmos. 

userWxGWD1lXPj
Astronaut

I too am having this problem with incorrect speaker selection for rears.

I am also experiencing a problem of audio completely dropping out. This can be after a period of 30 minutes or so, when using the Xbox One X. Very annoying during gaming, Netflix/Movies. I will need to toggle through the source to re-select HDMI1, wait for video to come back then audio........

Not sure how this is possible.

Has there been a fix i am unaware of ? or at the very least has a Mod given any further feedback ??

At the current state i cannot recommend this soundbar to anyone that has a console... For a product that should be enjoyable, it's causing much frustration !

Look forward to a reply from Samsung (Mod)

Kind Regards

Caboose_Nor
Constellation

My HW-N850's 5.1 rear channels are also not emitting any sound while in upmixed Atmos mode. This is easily noticeable on Xbox One when placing the audio source directly behind you in a game. Directly behind it is COMPLETELY silent. You can only extremely faintly hear the side speakers.

This thread has all the necessary info for the engineers to work on a firmware fix.

Please tell us you are working on a fix for us thousands of Samsung N850 and N950 users who are affected by this issue!

With thanks and patience,

An otherwise very happy soundbar owner