cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user68U5PhxuI6
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Q70R TV turns on by itself

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I do.  I need the anynet+ turned on in order for the soundbar/cable to be controlled by tv remote etc. from what I understand? 

user68U5PhxuI6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replying to SamsungGill - I have cable box ran to HDMI 3 on tv (tried HDMI 1 with same issue).  I have xbox one x ran from HDMI to HDMI in on Q70 soundbar.  HDMI ARC from Soundbar to HDMI 4 (ARC) on Q70 tv. 

What other devices are connected to the television and soundbar? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur if you disconnect the cable box? It is likely the cable box sending a signal to it that is causing it to turn on. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What other devices are connected to the television and soundbar? 

MaryJPS0617
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This same thing is happening with our new TV and it's not okay. We've left the house and come home to the TV on a random program that is not appropriate for our 7-year-old son. We have nothing connected to the TV, only the wifi.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear this @MaryJPS0617! Please send me a private message, and I'll be happy to look into your case further. You can send me a message by clicking here.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userHGVz5SllFL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone solved this yet?? Just purchase a Q70R and it has turned itself on a couple of times already.

This set is only 6 days old, what gives.

Thaxns

DJ

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The TV will only power on by itself when HDMI-CEC or Anynet+ is enabled and a connected device is sending a signal to the TV. The TV receives this signal and powers on. Most likely culprits are a cable box or satellite box, but can also happen with connected sound systems or blu-ray players. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post