Original topic:

Samsung Q70R soundbar subwoofer missing bass

(Topic created on: 4/17/21 10:53 AM)
userxC2uqYkP6L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello All, 

I bought Q70R soundbar two years ago. It was all good until a month ago when I noticed that the subwoofer is missing some low and mid end bass. I gave it to Samsung repair centre. They took a month to get back to me and told me the soundbar and subwoofer has no issue at all. 

Can anyone help me to do diagnosis or know suggest what could be the problem?

Thank you! 

0 Likes
12 Replies
LftEaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Did you recently get a firmware update? 

0 Likes
userxC2uqYkP6L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes I did

0 Likes
LftEaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

If you are now on the 1012.6 firmware, that is the cause of the lack of bass from the subwoofer. A lot of Q90R Soundbar owners are experiencing the same issue as well after updating to the 1012.6 firmware. 

There's a long thread on the eu.community.samsung.com about this.

0 Likes
userxC2uqYkP6L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes! I am on that firmware. I have contacted Samsung and they said they cannot do anything about this. 

What a ridiculous answer. They have released a buggy software and now they’re saying they cannot do anything about it. 

0 Likes
LftEaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

The answer you received was completely bogus. Surely they can push a hotfix firmware update to fix this issue. Hit them up on Twitter. @SamsungSupport  Send them a DM about this, a few folks already have. They reply pretty quickly to DM'

0 Likes
userxC2uqYkP6L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Alright! Let me send a message on Twitter! 

0 Likes
userf0MWFEBQmC
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I think that it's the usual problem for Samsung systems. 1-2 years are perfect and then... My Polk's systems works good for 10 years now 

0 Likes
userxC2uqYkP6L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yeah! I am planning to ditch Samsung and get a Klipsch Speakers with a Receiver. I would never buy Samsung in future! 

0 Likes
LftEaR
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Yeo, it was definitely that 1012.6 firmware update that gave us grief.

0 Likes