Original topic:

Samsung Q800T turns on everytime I use spotify

(Topic created: 05-18-2021 11:37 PM)
Rogigor
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

After connecting my Samsung Q800T soundbar to Spotify, the device wakes up whenever I play a song in the app. Even if I turn off my soundbar and make sure that within spotify I have my phone selected as playing device, the soundbar still turns on after I hit play. This of course is an issue, because I don't want my soundbar on whenever I listen to Spotify. It wakes up even if I'm not at home, because after connecting the soundbar to wifi using Smartthings app it can be controlled remotely - I don't have to be in the same wifi network the soundbar is connected to.

Additionally, once the soundbar wakes up this way, it does not automaticaly turn off after 18 minutes of no signal.

This is the exact issue as described here - https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Q900T-soundbar-turns-on-by-itself-with-Spotify-Conn...

To moderators - DO NOT DELETE THIS TOPIC! You've deleted my previous post telling me there is a similar thread that is solved https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Samsung-Q900T-Spotify-Issue/td-p/1622821 The accepted solution states that forgetting the device and logging out of all Spotify accounts solves this issue, but it is not the case for me. The result is only temporary, as whenever I connect to the soundbar through Spotify again this issue returns. Forgetting the device every time I listen to Spotify on the soundbar is not a solution in my opinion as this was not what this system was designed for. THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION!  

Can somebody from support please address this issue? 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rogigor
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

In a different thread I described the issue of the soundbar being waken up by spotify every time I hit play, even if I'm not at home and I am not casting any music to the soundbar. I received information from moderators that this is strictly Spotify's issue.

However, once waken up by spotify, the soundbar will not Auto Power Down after 18 minutes of no signal, as the manual says it should. It will go to sleep If I connect via bluetooth and disconnect or cast music from spotify and disconnect (though randomly it doesn't)  . But if it only gets waken up by me using spotify and not casting any music - it stays turned on all the time.

Resetting to factory settings, reinstalling smartthings app or disconnecting and connecting to a different wifi does not help.

0 Likes