Original topic:

Samsung SWA-900S/ZA rear speakers does not connect to HW-Q70T soundbar

(Topic created: 12-21-2020 09:42 AM)
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I've tried already multiple times the procedure without results, the blue LED on the SWA-900A unit (Wireless Receiver Module) still blinks.

I'll give below the full details.

Both units are new.

The firmware version of the HW-Q70T is
HW-QTWWB-1017.5
Device ID f4:fe:fb:c4:fb:bf
Sub Module S/W version 74
Plugin Version 2.2.73 (checked via Smarthings App)

I successfully paired the soundbar with its subwoofer and they work together very well.
The blue LED on the subwoofer is glowing blue when the soundbar is ON.
I turned the soundbar off, via its remote.

I connected the SWA-900A rear speakers to the Wireless Received Module with the provided wires, inserted correctly.

After that, I plugged in the Wireless Receiver Module of the SWA-900S, so its blue LED blinks.

After that, I pressed continuously on the UP button of the remote of HW-70T  for approx. 5 seconds and when the display of the soundbar was showing ID CODE, I released the UP button. The indication ID CODE disappeared after a few seconds and after that, the soundbar turned on, on its own,

The blue LED on the Wireless Received Unit still blinks and no connection is made.

I tried some variations of the procedure, also with no results.
For example:
  -I kept the UP button on the remote pressed even after the indication ID CODE appeared on the display.
  -I pressed the VOL button vertically on the remote instead of pressing its UP button
  -I pressed the button ID CODE underneath the soundbar instead of using the remote
  -I plugged off the subwoofer and repeated the procedure

I'm out of ideas and would highly appreciate some hints.

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I am sorry to hear about this. Please try the following steps.

Unplug both the sound bar and speaker kit.

connect and power on the speaker kit. Press and hold the ID Set button on the back for 5 seconds.

Connect and power on the sound bar, and run the pairing sequence again.

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.
It took me a while because I tried your solution in various configurations.
Unfortunately, it didn't help...
In order to make sure that there were no misunderstandings, I will describe below what I did.

I have the Soundbar HW-Q70T and its Subwoofer and they connect flawlessly.
I can see the blue LED on the subwoofer glowing continuously and I can hear well the subwoofer.

First of all, I will describe how it works *without* the surround unit and its speakers
-unplug both Soundbar and Subwoofer
-plug in the Subwoofer -> its LED starts blinking
-plug in the Soundbar - the blue LED of the Soundbar stops blinking and lights continuously.

Then, I tried the following, steps, while I've intentionally left the Subwoofer out of the equation, to minimize the interaction factors:
1. unplug the Subwoofer, the Wireless Receiver Module of the SWA-900S, and the Soundbar
2. connect the two surround speaker to the  Wireless Receiver Module via the supplied wires 
3. plug in the  Wireless Receiver Module -> its blue LED starts blinking
4. plug in the Soundbar
5. press and hold the ID SET button on the back of the  Wireless Receiver Module. Both red and blue LED's start lighting continuously and after a few (~5) seconds the red LED turns off and the blue one starts blinking. Release the ID SET button.
6. plug in the Soundbar. Its display stays off.
7. press the UP button on the remote of the Soundbar. After 5 seconds, the display of the Soundbar shows ID CODE and disappears after a few seconds. After that, the Soundbar turns on and the display shows ON and after that WIFI.
8. The blue LED of the Wireless Receiver Module continues to blink.

Same result if at step 4 I press the ID Set button at the bottom of the Soundbar.

I'd highly appreciate it if you can give me more hints.
I can't afford to ship it for service because the cost of the international shipping is highly prohibitive, it would be like the price of the surround kit...

Thank you again

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Are you following the instructions laid out here?: Link

When was the unit purchased? Is exchange an option?

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Sure I'm following the instructions from the manual, I think I know it by heart already after so many trials.

The issue which I'm facing is that there are no additional "hooks" which would help to identify what's going on and why it does not succeed, only the blue LED blinking at the end... I would have appreciated if there was any possibility to interrogate or show the status of the unit, whether the "bonding" between them is attempted, a status code of why it failed and which one of the units fails, etc.

All I have is the blue LED, no more details.

I purchased it on 24-Nov and got it in my hands on 6-Dec. As I said, technically it could be returned to US for an exchange but the shipment itself is very expensive, alsmost as expensive as the unit costed... Moreover, I'm still thinking that there might be some additional debug to be performed because it's extremely hard to believe that the unit could have been dead on arrival.

As such, I'd highly appreciate if additional hints could be provided, so I'd try them.

Thank you very much!

the whole procedure 

user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Do you have any answer for me?

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I need to clarify something. Did you say that you connected the wireless receiver module from the SWA-9000 to the HW-Q70T?

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

No, unfortunately I have NOT succeeded to connect the wireless receiver module from the SWA-9000 to the HW-Q70T.

What I said was that I did succeed to connect the HW-Q70T soundbar to its companion subwoofer, which came in the same box.

However, all the  attempts to connect the HW-Q70T soundbar to the wireless receiver module from the SWA-9000 failed.

Thank you,

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

Can you provide me some answer/guidance?

Thank you

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I am sorry, if it still will not connect, service is requires. If you want me to set this up for you, please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes