Original topic:

Samsung SWA-900S/ZA rear speakers does not connect to HW-Q70T soundbar

(Topic created: 01-23-2021 08:54 AM)
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I've tried already multiple times the procedure without results, the blue LED on the SWA-900A unit (Wireless Receiver Module) still blinks.

I'll give below the full details.

Both units are new.

The firmware version of the HW-Q70T is
HW-QTWWB-1017.5
Device ID f4:fe:fb:c4:fb:bf
Sub Module S/W version 74
Plugin Version 2.2.73 (checked via Smarthings App)

I successfully paired the soundbar with its subwoofer and they work together very well.
The blue LED on the subwoofer is glowing blue when the soundbar is ON.
I turned the soundbar off, via its remote.

I connected the SWA-900A rear speakers to the Wireless Received Module with the provided wires, inserted correctly.

After that, I plugged in the Wireless Receiver Module of the SWA-900S, so its blue LED blinks.

After that, I pressed continuously on the UP button of the remote of HW-70T  for approx. 5 seconds and when the display of the soundbar was showing ID CODE, I released the UP button. The indication ID CODE disappeared after a few seconds and after that, the soundbar turned on, on its own,

The blue LED on the Wireless Received Unit still blinks and no connection is made.

I tried some variations of the procedure, also with no results.
For example:
  -I kept the UP button on the remote pressed even after the indication ID CODE appeared on the display.
  -I pressed the VOL button vertically on the remote instead of pressing its UP button
  -I pressed the button ID CODE underneath the soundbar instead of using the remote
  -I plugged off the subwoofer and repeated the procedure

I'm out of ideas and would highly appreciate some hints.

16 Replies
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I have sent you via the PM Link the photos of the label of the product, which contains all the  information requested by you.

Please le me know how should I proceed further.

Thank you!

0 Likes
userHF7jkItgy4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm facing the same exact issue.
I can't get it connected with whatever method I've used - I was suggested to return the speakers since they seem faulty to the support team.
@user6tW36f0ldC, Did you manage to figure that out?

@Anonymous 

Thanks!

0 Likes
user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm pursuing the suggestion to return the item completely, for a repair or an exchange to a new one. Quite disappointing and costly, as I don't live in US and the item was purchased from Amazon, so I'll incur shipping costs which are approximately half of the cost of the item, just to get one which works, which should have been so without additional costs. I can't understand how come Samsung would ship a dead device, but I'll pursue this after I get this thing fixed, if I get it... 

userHF7jkItgy4
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I'm also in the same situation, fortunately, I can ship it back as I purchased it on eBay.
I'm just curious if it's about the unit itself or an incompatibility issue with the Q70T soundbar.

user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

As I wrote also via PM:

As we've corresponded in this topic before, a returned (for a non-negligible fee...)  the surround kit and got a new one.

As for my huge frustration, this one doesn't connect either to the soundbar.

I think I need your intervention, it doesn't make sense to buy a product which doesn't work, to pay shipment and taxes for having it exchanged to a new one, which doesn't work either.

In my opinion, more "debug" has to me done rather than jumping directly to the "easy" solution of exchanging the item.

I want to emphasize again that the soundbar does connect without any problem to its subwoofer, which has a similar pairing method as the surround kit, so there is nothing fundamentally broken in the soundbar.

I'm eagerly waiting to an urgent solution from you.

I think I suffered enough....

Thanks

user6tW36f0ldC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Extremely frustrating "support".

No answers and even when I got "solutions", they were worthless.

Sorry to say this, but I'm very disappointed by Samsung quality and professionalism.

Fortunately for me, the dealer refunded me all the money, including shipment and taxes, so he is the one who incurred the hit due to Samsung's failure, on both fronts of quality and professionalism.

My advice for potential buyers: if you attempt to buy such a product, make sure that you choose a dealer which commits to refund your expenses in full if something goes wrong. In my case, it went wrong in 2 of 2 cases, a pretty shameful statistic for a brand which wants to be reputable.

userm2cE8gxpEH
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I'm having the same issues with my sound bar.

0 Likes