cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung SWA-W700 Sound+ Subwoofer, alternatives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently upgraded my entire home setup with a TV and the MS650 soundbar. I love the bar, I think it's great, but it doesn't quite give me that bass feeling and strength even just listening to a powerful music piece that I really want.

The new sub is honestly more than I'd like to spend, and seems perhaps overkill for my goals. So three questions.

1. Most importantly. The reviews seem pretty good on this sub, I'm not opposed to buying a quality product. I'd just prefer to spend less. Anyone have this, and have an opinion?

2. Is there an alternative that would work with the soundbar?

3. How much control do I have over the sub settings? If I can fine tune it just a tad, even just in general power I'm sure I'd be quite happy with the balance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung SWA-W700 Sound+ Subwoofer, alternatives?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried adjusting the bass using the remote: press the button up or down to adjust the BASS volume within the -6 to +6 range.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried adjusting the bass using the remote: press the button up or down to adjust the BASS volume within the -6 to +6 range.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually just found this. Originally I was only seeing a treble adjustment.

So update, the built in bass feature on the soundbar when turned up to 4-6 range gets the job done. I might look into the sub later down the road, but extremely pleased with the soundbar as is for now. Thanks!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear it! You're very welcome.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just installed MS750 bar with 700 sub is paired & bass plus 6. Very weak. Have to put ear close to sub to even hear if it's working.  Very disappointed!! Do we have a bad unit or is that just as good as it gets???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK so i'm Justin. had the same problem paired with HW-MS650 soundbar.

i had updated my soundbar via multi app to latest version 1146.4 yet bass was low

had a chat with a samsung guy and we decided to reset both soundbar and sub and re-pair

it worked!!

RESET soundbar by first turning it off then press vol - and vol + simultaneously till you see INT...

RESET button under the sub needs to be pushed in with a pointed object, used a pen in my case until blue LED turns on. 

Try paring both anew. Hope it helps