cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R Audio delay

Hello all,

So i purchased the mentioned soundbar to get the dolby atmos experience, and i am having issues with lip sync/A/V sync issues, the sound is slightly delayed compared to video. 

I dont have any set top box or streaming device, the sound goes directly from TV (LG UJ6517) to Soundbar via HDMI ARC, the media played is either youtube or netflix/hbo via the built in APP in TV.

I notice there is a delay in sound which i decreased by playing with A/V sync options in TV sound options, the issue is, the maximum negative value is -5 on the bar in the settings, i still notice approx 60-70ms delay so i would like to drag this option further to lets say -7, but its not possible, the SYNC option on the soundbar is only in positive values, meaning the sound would get more delayed and make it worse. What other options do I have? Maybe i can try to purchase a different cable than Samsung provides, such as HDMI 2.1 8k/60hz high speed gold connectors cable, would taht help? i am kinda hopeless here as i have tried everything to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R Audio delay

Hi 

I hav same issue playing dolby atmos content from tv netflix app. Tv is Sony x80g.

Did you get a solution to your issue?

Sony say solution is to awitch digital output to PCM...which isnt really a solution because you lose DD+ atmos signal.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Soundbar HW-Q80R Audio delay

Hi, no i have never found a way to properly fix it, i have set the AV sync on -5 on TV and it still has 100ms delay which is acceptable for watching and no one notices it if you dont focus on it, but really this is not a solution, i got used to it though, i even purcahsed the most expensive HDMI cable to alow the fastest bandwidth transfer with gold connectors and it is slightly better than the stock cable Samsung provides but still, there is around 80-120ms delay in audio