cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MD_Terp_66
Asteroid

Samsung Soundbar won't work with Samsung TV & Remote

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had a Samsung soundbar HW-KM45C connected to a Samsung LN-S1952W TV which worked just fine. Removed the TV and installed a Samsung NU6950 6 Series TV. Now the remote for the soundbar won't work it. Sound comes through the soundbar from the TV, but no lights come on it and I can't adjust the volume. I can tell the sound is from the soundbar because when I unplug it, no sound comes out.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Soundbar won't work with Samsung TV & Remote

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any HDMI would work. Go into Menu setting turn on Anynet+ to CEC to on.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looking at the manual for the soundbar, it appears the best option would be to use the remote from the TV to control the soundbar.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MD_Terp_66
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I set the TV to Audio out, the TV remote will not work the sound through the soundbar; there is no sound. There are no lights anymore on the soundbar.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You may need to verify your connections. Do you have the soundbar connected via the optical cable to Digital audio out? Have you verified these settings? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110008/

MD_Terp_66
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep.  Digital audio into digital audio. Unless there are two on the TV or soundbar, the way I have it is my only choices.  Besides, the audio comes out of the soundbar.  I can prove that because when I unplug the electrical connection, there is no sound.  I get sound from the bar, just can't controll it at all.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. I have confirmed with another member of my team, in order to control the soundbar, you will need to connect via HDMI and turn on Anytime + CEC on both devices.

MD_Terp_66
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which HDMI do I plug in on the TV? One is labeled HDMI-In 1 and the other is labeled HDMI (ARC) 2.?  So far, the HDMI cable is in HDMI (ARC)2 and the HDMI in the soundbar. The digital audio cable is disconnected from both. It is set to Anytime + CEC.  I get a short burst of sound then nothing. How can I turn Anytime + CEC on the soundbar with no lights showing?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any HDMI would work. Go into Menu setting turn on Anynet+ to CEC to on.

View solution in original post