cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userizhA1A3pK4
Constellation

Samsung Vr375 DVD Recorder/Player stops recording at 29min and 59 sec every time.

There is no timer set or chapter setting.   I am using Amazon Basic DVDs --DVD+R, 4.7GB, 16X amd T120.   I have used about 75 of them with no failures.  I have formatted the DVD everyway I could.   What it does is like you push stop and it updates the dvd and puts a title on what has been recorded.   I have run the cleaning disk several times.  I also did a factory reset from the setup menu.   I cannot find a way to record for any longer time.   Help is appreciated---thanks John  

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Vr375 DVD Recorder/Player stops recording at 29min and 59 sec every time.

I'm having trouble locating this model. Was this purchased in the US? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userizhA1A3pK4
Constellation

Re: Samsung Vr375 DVD Recorder/Player stops recording at 29min and 59 sec every time.

Yes It was -- it is older.   Here is URL of samsung's manual for it.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/hd-upconversion-dvd-vcr-combo-player-dvd-vr375a

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for this. Verify the firmware is up to date. Determine whether your player is running the latest firmware version or if it needs to be updated. Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Upgrade. The current version will be listed at the top of the screen. On older players, navigate to Setup > System Upgrade > System Information.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userizhA1A3pK4
Constellation

Well I applied the update  ---really no change dvd stopped recording 1 second earlier.   Note to Samsung-- it would be nice to have instructions on how to update firmware.   It took me a few minutes to realize that I had to extract the zip file, make an ISO file and then burn the ISO file to DVD so It could be put in dvd player and run as I have never updated a DVD player before.   There seems to be no new options or settings that could be changed either.  Thanks John

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sorry about that, thank you for the feedback. Can you tell me the lasted firmware that is installed on the DVD? 

userizhA1A3pK4
Constellation

VR375_2.090528.00.VR375_XAA.upd.  It was a 1. something.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I appreciate you checking all this for me. By any chance could you test out a DVD -R formatted disc to record? I just want to cover all bases to make sure this isn't affecting the recording as well. 

userizhA1A3pK4
Constellation

I can get some tomorrow---I don't have any of that type now.

userizhA1A3pK4
Constellation

I tried the DVD-R 16x T120 etc and basically the same result.  29 min and 56 seconds recorded.