cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usertXNE8FuY4l
Constellation

Samsung q90r soundbar enable earc?

I read the q90r soundbar was updated to support earc. I have a Sony A9G and have enabled earc on my set, however it will not pass HD audio from 4K Blu Ray player. Only lossy 5.1. Does this soundbar really even have earc? If so, how does one enable it? Also, it would be helpful if Samsung would include details regarding firmware updates (like what they do) and update the online user manual if new features are added. 

3 REPLIES 3
userhiCSnH9P0J
Asteroid

Re: Samsung q90r soundbar enable earc?

The lastest 1008 firmware is not support eARC, tested with an external player directly links to Sony TV X950G and TV eARC port links to Q90R, Atmos audio passthrough failed, only the noise comes out from the soundbar.   

Changing the  external player links to the soundbars' hdmi port,the Atmos audio goes well.

user8siB3BpliU
Constellation

I have both a Sony TV and a Samsung soundbar and I had a similar issue. By chance do you have an Apple TV connected to your soundbar? That ended up being my problem. I had both my Apple TV and Oppo 4k blu-ray player connected to the soundbar and could not get any audio from my blu-ray player. I discovered that with the Apple TV connected to the soundbar it was somehow blocking the sound signal from my blu-ray player. For me, the solution was just to unhook the hdmi cable from the Apple TV if I want to watch a blu-ray with Atmos. The other solution, was to run the blu-ray player directly to the TV and the sounbar without using the eARC.

userhiCSnH9P0J
Asteroid

So ATV and blu-ray player can't work at the same time when both are connected to soundbar.I think it is better to let ATV connect to TVdirectly because it can't passthrough the HD Audios(Atmos,DTS:X) anyway.