cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

SmartThings app could not update HW-Q70T/ZA firmware?

Hello, so I installed the SmartThings app iOS version and added my soundbar with no problem. But trying to update the firmware is a problem. So I click the information setting of the soundbar and it says the firmware on the soundbar is currently HW-Q70TWWB-1006.0. I click the Firmware Update button and on the next screen it says HW-Q70TWWB-1006.060? There's an Update Now button that's clickable so I clicked it and it shows a progress bar checking update, the progress bar moves about 3% and then another progress bar pops up and now it says Update in progress and it's Initializing at 0%.

The problem is the progress bar does not move at all from initializing at 0% for hours. My phone is near the soundbar and I even turned off the auto-lock feature on my iphone but the progress bar will not move at all. Now I'm just waiting for USB cable adapter and will try to update the firmware the USB way but now on the Samsung website, the latest version they have is HW-Q70TWWB-1006.0 and on the SmartThings app, it seems there is a new version HW-Q70TWWB-1006.060? I'm confused, anyway, I'll keep you guys updated and see if the soundbar will still update once I get my USB adapter. But I help someone can help me with the app problem. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: SmartThings app could not update HW-Q70T/ZA firmware?

I have exactly the same issue. Sometimes the update stays at 0% and sometimes I get an immediate pop-up saying update interrupted. I suspect that the soundbar is already at the latest firmware and the app is incorrectly telling you it can be updated.

I also tried to update using a usb stick and could not get it to work, but let me know if you do find something either to make the app to work or if usb update works for you

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this exact same issue. When I attempt to update the firmware on my HW-Q70 from the iOS SmartThings app, the update process gets stuck at "0% - Initializing".

I'd do a USB update instead, but I don't have a micro USB to USB adapter on hand.

Highlighted
Constellation

I tried the USB route but it didn't work either, I guess what @Bunglelow says, we probably already have the latest firmware. I give up for now but when there is a new update, we should definitely try again and hopefully it works next time.

Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah, I tried the USB update process once I received a micro USB to USB dongle, and it didn't do anything. I even tried a second USB stick and checked to make sure that the micro USB to USB dongle works on another device. I guess that we'll need to wait for Samsung to fix the update process.