Original topic:

Sound Bar power link

(Topic created: 03-24-2022 05:53 AM)
userMwNrVbPVl4
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hey all,

I have a M360 sound bar and I'm having trouble with the power link feature. When I turn the feature on (press/hold left button) it works just fine, until I connect my phone to the sound bar to listen to music. Once I do that, the feature no longer works no matter what state I have the soundbar in (off, connected to bluetooth, on digital in). The power link is technically still turned on as pressing/holding the left button displays it as if I were turning it "off". Once I turn the powerlink feature back on, it works again... until I connect my phone and then we're back to non-functioning.

I tried to do a hard-reset, but pressing and holding the power button yields no behavior (weather or not I'm starting from an on or off state).

I had a A4 sound bar and it treated the TV like the priority. No matter what I was doing (off or connected to Bluetooth) the TV would always switch it to digital in when the tv went off, and turn the soundbar off when the TV was switched off. This is the behaviour I was expecting and what the manual says it should be doing.

The only reason I went with M360 was for the better woofer. So I suppose if there's a way to connect the M360's woofer to my A4, then I'd be happy with that solution too.

Any suggestions at all would be wonderful! Thanks so much!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! I understand how this can be frustrating with this occurring, have you tried the troubleshooting steps below? 

Soundbars will only pair to a bluetooth device that plays audio, like a TV, tablet, or phone. They cannot pair with other bluetooth speakers, headphones, or soundbars.

1. Set the soundbar to Bluetooth pairing mode.

Repeatedly press Source on the remote or soundbar until the soundbar's display reads BT > WAIT > BT PAIRING. If the soundbar displays BT READY, press and hold Source on the soundbar until BT PAIRING displays.

If the soundbar does not go into Bluetooth mode after using these different methods, this will require service. 

2. Verify the device you are connecting is in pairing mode.

The method for putting a device in pairing mode is different with every device. Check the user manual for your device if you aren't sure how to put it into pairing mode.

If you are pairing to a Samsung TV, and the soundbar's name is not shown on the Bluetooth speaker list, select Cancel and try again. You may need to do this one or two times until the soundbar's name appears.

3. Check for a firmware update on your soundbar.

Try to update the firmware on your soundbar and then try to pair it again.

4. Perform a hard reset on the device you're connecting.

The best way to do a hard reset is to remove the battery and reinsert it, if possible. Some devices that do not have access to the battery may have a way to simulate a battery pull in order to perform the hard reset.

If the device does not have a method to do a hard reset, perform a soft reset instead (simply turn it off and back on again).

1. Try pairing other devices.

Try pairing other devices with your soundbar. Also, try pairing other devices with the device you were trying to connect to your soundbar. This can help identify where the issue may be.

If both your soundbar and your device will pair with other devices, but not with each other, then your device may need to be updated, or it may not be compatible with your soundbar. Contact the device's manufacturer for further assistance.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then this will require service, you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
    - If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
    - If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
    - If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes