Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SVEVO ROMANO
Cosmic Ray

Soundbar HW-K950 "punch" sound on the surround when starting dolby atmos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there to everybody, i'm writing from italy (cause the italian community is quite poor)

I have just bought a samsung hw-950, connected via arc with hdmi high speed cable to  a samsung js9500 and also to an xbox x trought HMDI 1 ingress and i would like to know if theese minor problem is normal or the soundbar need assistance:

- once i'm starting a blue ray with dolby atmos on my xbox, and the blue light turn on on the soundbar, i can ear a "punch" sound on my right surround speaker.  does anyone ear the same?

-once i turn on the sistem (to play game or watch a film on xbox) for the first 10/20 second everythings going well, then the soundbar turn automaticcally to the "arc" source, so i have to input again HDMI1 to get back to the xbox. is it normal? or does it happen because the tv re-send the arc signal to the soundbar with delay?

-  watching neftlix directly on the in-app of samsung's tv, i have eard a seriously disturb and interference to my surround speaker (both), but watching the same film on the xbox netlfix app no interference or strange sounds anymore. so this should be a problem of the samsung app netflix's file audio?

-at list: both surround speaker always emitt a low "hissing" sounds, nothing so loud but from a $$$$ soundbar i should expect not.

Thanks in advance for anyone who reply this subject, and sorry for my english but it was in a box since five minutes ago Smiley Wink

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userzc8IhTkcAD
Asteroid

Re: Soundbar HW-K950 "punch" sound on the surround when starting dolby atmos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven’t experienced this since moving my tv and needing to unplug everything. I did have a separate issue with no sound playing for a bit when changing apps, but was able to resolve it by changin bitstream out to “off” which gave an error and reset Atmos. No popping, audio working fine. So far. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
userzc8IhTkcAD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Experiencing the same when unit switches into Atmos mode. Going to update firmware and see if this resolves it.

edit: Nevermind, looks like there are some horror stories with the new firmware. I can wait. I sure wish they had firmware notes/history so you can see what they have historically fixed. Not that hard to include patch notes...

SVEVO ROMANO
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for your replySmiley Happy

anyway the first step i have done was to update the firmware to the latest one (that add also 5.1 dts support) and i can confirm that the "punch" still goes on... is not a big issue at the end. 

As many other owner i can confirm that the soundbar sounds GREAT with atmos playing, con it sound quite poor with any other format, i think that this is only a software problem that SHOULD be fixed by samsung considering this is their  flag ship soundbar.

userzc8IhTkcAD
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I haven’t experienced this since moving my tv and needing to unplug everything. I did have a separate issue with no sound playing for a bit when changing apps, but was able to resolve it by changin bitstream out to “off” which gave an error and reset Atmos. No popping, audio working fine. So far. 

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzc8IhTkcAD: We're glad that you're up and running!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.