cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonybhgm
Asteroid

Soundbar HW-N650 unable to update firmware

My QLED TV QN82Q60AG does not recognize my Soundbar (SB) HW-N650 through HDMI-CEC. My TV says it has the last firmware update, so I am trying to update the firmware of the SB. The SB can connect with the TV through BT and Optic, but then I loose the HDMI-CEC features. I need to connect the SB through HDMI-CEC with the TV. I don´t want to connect the SB manually through HDMI using the manual configuration possibility option of the remote control that is possible of to do using the menu´s option of the TV. At this moment I am even unable to connect the SB through HDMI only (without CEC) because the TV does not recognize the SB and a don´t send the sound´s return to the SB through ARC. Now, I really need the TV to recognize the SB through HDMI-CEC !!! The other possibilities are running, but and don´t want them.

I did everything that was posted here. I did every suggestion, but I am unable to update de firmware.

* The SB is connected via output HDMI-ARC to the input HDMI-ARC of the TV.

* The HDMI-CEC on the TV is running, because it is connected through HDMI-CEC with another device and I have the menus of that device being displayed on the TV's menus when I selec that device.

* I did a chat with the support of Samsung and we were not able to solve the problem.

* I´ve downloaded the last firmware of the SB, selecting "the right model number" of the SB. I got two files: 1002.0.ROM and a newer 1003.1.ssp. I've tried both alone and together in the same Pen Drive.

* I´ve extracted the file HMS-N650WWB-1002.0.ROM to a Pen Drive formatted in FAT32.

* Did the same with the file HMS-N650WWM-1003.1.ssp to another Pen Drive formatted in FAT32.

* I tried both firmware alone and also tried both together in the same Pen Drive.

* I turned off the SB for several minutes. Then I turned it on.

* Wait for several minutes (as suggested in the manual) ... nothing happens.

* Then I´ve selected "input" USB through side button. The SB starts to read the Pen Drive, because I can see the LED in the Pen Drive flashing for a few seconds.

* Then, I always get the same message from the display in the SB: " NO DAT".

* I tested a music file in the same Pen Drive and the SB reads the file and starts playing the music, so the SB is reading the Pen Drive Ok and the Pen Drive is working fine.

* I got the firmware version of the SB: 150 HZ-6 (a very different number than the downloaded firmware???). This is a bit strange...

* Supposing that I have the correct firmware, what more can I do?

* I apreciate any suggestion...

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Soundbar HW-N650 unable to update firmware

It is possible that the Soundbar is up to date. Can you please verify the model code and current software version of the television? Is Anynet+ turned on, on the television? Is it turned on, on the soundbar? 

Tonybhgm
Asteroid

Software version of TV is 1303. It does not show "model code".

Firmware version of the SB: 150 HZ-6

Anynet+ on TV and on SB are turned on.

Also, see what I did: I connected another device (set-top-box) to the TV through the SB:

* Set-top-box connected to the SB in the HDMI input.

* SB output HDMI-ARC connected to the input HDMI-ARC of the TV.

* SB input "HDMI" selected.

The TV receives (and plays) the sound/image coming from the set-top-box and the menus of the set-top-box (through HDMI-CEC) are shown on the screen of the TV right above the STB's icon when I select in the TV the STB input. This "simply" means: 1. Anynet+ of the TV is turned on and running; protocol HDMI-CEC running Ok on both STB and TV; Passthrough function (through HDMI) on the SB is running; All HDMI connections are Ok and running.

This simply exclude in my understanding any other possibility than: a mismatch in the software protocol SB<->TV, or the Anynet+ on the SB is not working. I have toggled in the SB Anynet+ through On/Off/On and can see in the display of the SB that Anynet+ "On" is selected. I also tested the SB with input  "D.IN" or "HDMI" selected to see if the TV is able to communicate with the SB through HDMI-CEC. The TV, right above the icon of "input HDMI-4" (SBC input), shows the message Device "not recognized".

So... back to not being able to update the firmware of the SB!!! I am really convinced that this is the problem (or the software of the TV is not updated).

It is funny... I bought the SB from Samsung simply, simply, simply because I was afraid of having this same problem with a SB of another manufacturer!!! I am very disappointed...

What more can I do? Please…

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What Model does the back of the television show? QN82Q60AG is not a valid model. 

Tonybhgm
Asteroid

On the back is shown:

Model Code: QN82Q60RAGXZD

Version No: FB02 / QRQ60

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html  Thanks! 

Tonybhgm
Asteroid

Dear Sir,

I have already tried Bazilian support, with no success.

At least tell me if I have the last firmware for TV and SB.

Software version of TV is 1303. It does not show "model code".

Firmware version of the SB: 150 HZ-6.

Also for me is very suspect the following information:

* SB HW-N650 Firmware version of the SB: 150 HZ-6.

* Downloaded update files from the Samsung site: 

I´ve extracted the file HMS-N650WWB-1002.0.ROM to a Pen Drive formatted in FAT32.

Did the same with the file HMS-N650WWM-1003.1.ssp to another Pen Drive formatted in FAT32.

1) 150 HZ-6 (of the SB) does not match any number/name with the two downloaded firmwares.

2) The two downloaded firmwares have differente .ext names (.ROM and .ssp). If one of them has the right .ext name, then the other of course will not have it.

Sorry of bringing back this issue, but the downloaded version of firmwares could be the problem. If not, then the TV software version is not updated.

Thank you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Tonybhgm I certainly understand, however, we only support US models and do not have access to international device's information. You will need to get in contact with your country of origin to get the answers that you need to your questions.