Original topic:

Soundbar Q950T - New Firmware 1019.5

(Topic created on: 4/8/21 12:56 AM)
userVyVY0NXQ9V
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi, does anybody knows, where I can find the release notes or changelog for the new firmware 1019.5 for the Soundbar Q950T?

Thanks for supply

0 Likes
7 Replies
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

I've never seen them for their soundbars.  And, the ones I've seen for their TVs are pretty useless.

Members_lsa9nhv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

There are no release notes anywhere publicly. 

But based on the extensive discussion on avforums.com:
1.) 7.1 LPCM finally works (but the 2020 Samsung TVs still break it... so you have to plug directly into the soundbar)
2.) Game and Adaptive mode both sound better. The center channel distortion is reduced/gone
3.) Many random little things that people griped about (stuff regarding the XSX and Apple TV for example)

0 Likes
userJhsyFFc6DC
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I just installed it on the Q70t and my first words were, "holy **bleep**, I think atmos works now". It's a big improvement in the sound quality in my opinion. I felt like the sound never bounced off the ceiling like it was supposed to. Now I can hear the depth in the vertical orientation. In fact, that's why I'm here searching release notes for 1019.5.

Am I crazy?

0 Likes
userk9KlCEbm9B
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

and does it resolve the sound cuts on Q950T??

I feel so nervous when i´m watching a movie and the sound cuts for a second...it´s very bad for a 1.000€ sound bar...

0 Likes
userDtP3OfUPcT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue with my Q900T soundbar, just updated to 1019.5, will be testing once I get my Q95T back from repair.

0 Likes
userDude
Halo
Options
Home Theater

It didn't fix the issue on my Q900T.  

0 Likes
userDtP3OfUPcT
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Just to check in again, I still get random cut-outs in games still with 1019.5