Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Soundbar Switching Input While Watching TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

TV model: UN58MU6070FXZA Soundbar model: HW-M360

I have a big problem all of a sudden with my soundbar switching input to Bluetooth and staying there while trying to watch TV. It’s incredibly frustrating when I’m in the middle of a show or video and the sound cuts out many times during it. It’s not very predictable either it’s at random times. Sometimes it’ll be 5 minutes after the last switch and sometimes it’ll be 30 minutes after the last switch. Regardless it’s happening all too often and it shouldn’t be happening at all. It’s never happened before and when I tried to look up solutions I didn’t have much luck. I’ve turned Bluetooth off on the soundbar itself which does nothing, turned it off on my phone and laptop, disabled Anynet+ on the TV, and I’ve tried unplugging it from my surge  strip a few times as well. I just can’t figure out if it’s the soundbar, TV, or the optical cable.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Soundbar Switching Input While Watching TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Somehow it wouldn’t stop connecting to my laptop in sleep mode that was also in the same room. I don’t remember even pairing them at all but it seems it continued to pair anytime it found a trace of a signal and then it immediately dropped because of being in sleep mode. Once I turned the Bluetooth off on my laptop it hasn’t done it again for several days now. I’ll just have to make sure I either unpair them next time I turn on Bluetooth on it to keep it from happening again when I use that on my laptop again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do the speakers disconnect when connected to anything else?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Haven’t tried it yet but I will see

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Somehow it wouldn’t stop connecting to my laptop in sleep mode that was also in the same room. I don’t remember even pairing them at all but it seems it continued to pair anytime it found a trace of a signal and then it immediately dropped because of being in sleep mode. Once I turned the Bluetooth off on my laptop it hasn’t done it again for several days now. I’ll just have to make sure I either unpair them next time I turn on Bluetooth on it to keep it from happening again when I use that on my laptop again.

View solution in original post