cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userx12svgguzc
Asteroid

Soundbar and tv

Hello everyone. I have this tv UN40KU6300FXZA 

And today bought the hw-r450 around bar. Trying to get it to turn on and off with tv remote. Done what manual says but nothing. Have it connected via optical cable, D. IN, says power link is on. If I turn tv off bar stays on. If both are off and I turn tv on bar stays off. Tried setting it up on bluetooth but when I turn tv it just says tv disconnected and bar stays on. Of off tv turns on but not bar. Manual says for power link to work it has to be via optical cable so that's what I currently have it as.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Soundbar and tv

Thank you for reaching out, would you happen to have anynet+ enabled? You can enable it by pressing the Home button your TV remote, and then navigate to and select Settings > General. Select External Device Manager, and then select Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) to turn it on. Next, connect an external device using an HDMI cable, and then turn on the device - it will automatically connect to the TV. After the connection is established, you can access the connected device's menu using your TV remote and control the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userx12svgguzc
Asteroid

There is no "General" menu in settings.  Did some digging and found the anynet setting and it says it is on. Unfortunately this soundbar does not have an hdmi input. It has optical, aux, and usb 5v 0.5 A. Appears to be micro usb.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies, could you verify for that the auto power link option is on, it is turned on by default but it can be accidentally turned off when using the remote, you would need to press and hold the left button down for around 5 seconds. For reference, it will be in the user manual on page 21.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userx12svgguzc
Asteroid

Yes it is currently set to on

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

So that we can get some more information for you could you send us a private message with your full serial number for your TV and soundbar?