Original topic:

Soundbar hw-q950t

(Topic created on: 1/11/21 10:08 AM)
user9jErjbKEYA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Hi!
I have a samsung HW-Q950T soundbar, an lg oled CX TV, and a XBOX X. My soundbar is connect to my lg oled via earc. My question is why can't I get dolby atmos to work on my soundbar whenever I try to switch it through my xbox? It says, "your audio receiver doesn't support dolby atmos." Is this a samsung, lg, or xbox issue? 
4 Replies
island_slacker
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Did you ever get this issue resolved or answered? I have the same issue and don't know if I am getting Doby ATMOS from the speakers. Please advise if you were able to find an answer. thanks.

0 Likes
userf4GoIlWrVO
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Will someone help us with this! I call samsung they tell me to call lg. I call lg they tell me to call samsung.

When I connect q950t soundbar to samsung tv it produces atmos. When I connect to lg cx it says it's producing earc. Can we get a tech on this please? 

0 Likes
user9jErjbKEYA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
You have to change passthrough to "auto"on the lg cx and then change the xbox series x to bitstream out, dolby atmos and then it should work.
0 Likes
userYtRSPH6u8c
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That's not a solution thought. Passthrough is how it SHOULD work (and does for LG sound-bars like the SN11RG). Auto adds signifiant TV-side processing and will introduce severe lag to the sounds (i.e. the picture will arrive 'before' the sound) that cannot be fixed as all delays are sound-based.

AUTO is not a solution - there needs to be a firmware upgrade that ensures Samsungs' SBs work with LG's (wonky) EARC implementation. Disable EARC (to ARC) for a minute on the TV, and select Passthrough again - you'll see that Atmos again works in Xbox (Apple TV 4K has the same issue).

0 Likes