Original topic:

Soundbar hw-q950t

(Topic created: 01-11-2021 10:08 AM)
user9jErjbKEYA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Hi!
I have a samsung HW-Q950T soundbar, an lg oled CX TV, and a XBOX X. My soundbar is connect to my lg oled via earc. My question is why can't I get dolby atmos to work on my soundbar whenever I try to switch it through my xbox? It says, "your audio receiver doesn't support dolby atmos." Is this a samsung, lg, or xbox issue? 
5 Replies
island_slacker
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Did you ever get this issue resolved or answered? I have the same issue and don't know if I am getting Doby ATMOS from the speakers. Please advise if you were able to find an answer. thanks.

userf4GoIlWrVO
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Will someone help us with this! I call samsung they tell me to call lg. I call lg they tell me to call samsung.

When I connect q950t soundbar to samsung tv it produces atmos. When I connect to lg cx it says it's producing earc. Can we get a tech on this please? 

0 Likes
user9jErjbKEYA
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
You have to change passthrough to "auto"on the lg cx and then change the xbox series x to bitstream out, dolby atmos and then it should work.
0 Likes
userYtRSPH6u8c
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

That's not a solution thought. Passthrough is how it SHOULD work (and does for LG sound-bars like the SN11RG). Auto adds signifiant TV-side processing and will introduce severe lag to the sounds (i.e. the picture will arrive 'before' the sound) that cannot be fixed as all delays are sound-based.

AUTO is not a solution - there needs to be a firmware upgrade that ensures Samsungs' SBs work with LG's (wonky) EARC implementation. Disable EARC (to ARC) for a minute on the TV, and select Passthrough again - you'll see that Atmos again works in Xbox (Apple TV 4K has the same issue).

userZQwaqF2ymt
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same problem. I'm using an LG OLED77CXFNA + HW-Q950A and I'm having trouble activating Dolby Atmos on my Apple TV 4k and Xbox Series X via eARC connection. Which one is responsible, LG or Samsung? It seems that both companies don't like to work together, seeing that this has been an issue that has been neglected for quite some time.

0 Likes