Original topic:

Soundbar wont turn on with TV anymore unless unplugged and plugged back in

(Topic created: 11-09-2022 10:53 AM)
TwinCities
Pilot
Options
Home Theater

Purchased the hw-q950a soundbar system directly from samsung 9/2021 and for awhile now when I turn on my tv (LG 65CX) the soundbar doesnt turn on. I have to unplug the soundbar from the outlet or the soundbar itself and plug it back in and the soundbar starts working again.  This has been going on for awhile now and now finally getting frustrated with it where I need to make a post. 

Any one have any solutions or guidance on this? I have the latest firmware HW-q950awwb - 1010.157

thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
CPB
Constellation
Options
Home Theater
I have the same soundbar and had a issue with it not turning on or playing sound though it but turns out it was a combination of the 4k Chromecast I was using overheating and the HDMI cord I was using started going bad. So when I swapped the cord and factory reset my speaker it started working again. Not sure if this is much help but hopefully something like that works for you.
0 Likes
TwinCities
Pilot
Options
Home Theater

how strange, but I'm using the HDMI cord that came with the soundbar and plugged it in directly to the e-arc port of the TV. I dont have any devices plugged into the soundbar directly besides the TV. 

I have tried factory resetting the soundbar twice over the last couple of months but the issue is still there.

0 Likes
TwinCities
Pilot
Options
Home Theater

Still having this issue daily. 

0 Likes