Original topic:

Source disconnecting when Xbox game is launched

(Topic created: 08-23-2021 03:23 PM)
Casual_Lifer
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hello, 

I am having an issue when I launch certain games on my Xbox Series X. Everything is fine on the Xbox dashboard, I select a certain game (Symphony on the Night is one that does it), the game starts to launch then a black screen appears with a spinning disc followed by a green screen that says there is no input source. When I press the home screen and go back to my dashboard the picture is restored. I have had this issue with two games so far. Every once in a while my screen with go black at random when playing Hades for a second or two then returns.

TV Model: QN55QN90AAFXZA

I have changed my settings to 1080 60HZ before launching. 

I updated my TV and Xbox.

I used a different HDMI port. The HDMI cable I am using is the one that came with the Series X. 

Advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

8 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

I've had something similar happen with my console.  I ended up needing to purchase some High Speed certified HDMI cables and I haven't had any issues since.  Give this a shot when you get a chance!  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Casual_Lifer
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
This absolutely worked. I appreciate the help!
0 Likes
Casual_Lifer
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
I appreciate the suggestion. I used the one that came with the series X because it stated it was rated for it. I will scoop up a new one today and give it a try.
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Keep us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userm8hg8BnvgP
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Sometimes those HDMI ports will go bad for no apparent reason on the Xbox, so if you change HDMI cords and it still doesn't fix the problem then you'll have to send Xbox back to get a new port. If it's still under warranty. I had the issues you described on my Xbox 1 X.
0 Likes
Casual_Lifer
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Thanks for the response. It only does it with certain games. That and it generally shows me like 4 seconds of the game booting up then disconnects. If I use my old tv it's fine so I feel like it's something to do with the settings? Obviously not to sure so I will keep this in mind. Should still be, I got it in December of last year.
userm8hg8BnvgP
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Yeah I have UHD t v. and mine games was doing the same thing, definitely check your settings on 4k. Good luck! ❤
Casual_Lifer
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Upgraded the HDMI cable to the best one I could find and it worked. $30 well spent.
0 Likes