Original topic:

Subwoofer won't sync with soundbar

(Topic created: 04-25-2020 09:38 AM)
userdHfIFFWd61
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi,

I have a HW-HM45C soundbar and PS-WH450 subwoofer that came together as a Samsung package. Up  untill recently the pair have worked together fine. Now though, the subwoofer won't sync to the soundbar.

When the subwoofer is powered on,  the red stand by light comes on for a second and goes out. Then blue wireless connection light blinks constanty and never connects to the soundbar. This occurs even when the manual reset steps are completed:

1) press ID Set button on back of sub-woofer with small object (when I do this, the red light comes on for a second, goes out and the blue light blinks),

2) soundbar is powered off (standby/plugged in), press and hold Mute button until display shows 'ID Set' (this occurs as instructed),

3)  Power on the soundbar. When I do this, after the soundbar displays shows its input setting, it then displays a message to Check the Subwoofer. The subwoofer continues to blink the blue light and does not connect to the soundbar.

I've unplugged both devices numerous times and have tried this over and over with no sync up success. As soon as the subwoofer is plugged in to the power outlet, the red light displays for a second, goes out and then the blue light blinks constantly. It will only stop blinking blue when unplugged from power. The manual says it should blink for 30 seconds and then go into Stand by mode (blue light off and red light on solid). This does not occur. 

Any idea's on how to reset the subwoofer and to resync it to the soundbar?

Thanks for your help!

Bernard

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

If the troubleshooting presented in this thread does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look.  You will have a couple of options based of your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334. You can also try the following link to find a serivce center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried moving the subwoofer closer to the soundbar? If this is still occurring after a re-pair, the device will likely require service. 

0 Likes
userdHfIFFWd61
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Yes, I've put the two units side by side but still can't get them to re-pair. I doubt that the subwoofer is worth the price of a repair unless it's something I can do myself.

Thanks for responding,

Bernard

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

This will require service for the unit. Can you tell me when it was purchased?

0 Likes
userdHfIFFWd61
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It was either 2015 or 2016.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

This would be too far out of warranty for me to provide any accommodations. I can set it up for service, if you want.

0 Likes
userdHfIFFWd61
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

SamsungLou,

I think I paid $150 or so for the soundbar/subwoofer combination. Can't imagine a service call on an item like this would be worth the cost. Sure wish they made these units to accept a wire connection as well.  I really appreciate your help.

Bernard

0 Likes
user1AvGVeMLCB
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Hi I have Similar issues with my subwoofer model PS-KW1-2.The Blue LED blinks continously.I cannot see ID Set on my Sound Bar.Please help.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

If the troubleshooting presented in this thread does not help I recommend letting a service technician have a look.  You will have a couple of options based of your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.

- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 

- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup

- If you're OUT of warranty, for depot type products (Soundbars, Home Theater Systems, tablets, ect.) that require to be shipped we recommend you speak with our depot team for pricing and to have the service set up: 1-310-669-4334. You can also try the following link to find a serivce center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Katanaguy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have same issue now...I can get it to where it says "ID SET "on the Samsung Soumd Bar  small window box and then I turned everything on and then it goes back to just a solid red light----- I still get sound ok, just no subwoofer-- Darn It!!.....this happened approx 3 yrs ago and I got it synced then, I recall...I must be messing up this time. The manual could have better explained process...re-sync instructions does not read logical to me....I also lack patience.

My TV & Sound Bar set up may be diff than most. I have the coax from wall to Samsung  Sound Bar ....THEN a coax from Sound Bar to back of SAMSUNG UN55FH6200 TV Model. My TV only has 1 composite and 1 HDMI port...that is not good-yet in 2015 many got just 1 or 2 HDMI Ports...bought in Nov of 2015, I think...it was a Black Fri Samsung deal at all Walmarts...cost was $618 for this 55 inch LED WITH 240 Hz:exclamation_mark: of True Refresh Rate!!!    👀 unheard of at the price, especially for a Samsung buildq.. and that spec is what made me pull the trigger on it....TREMENDOUS TV...5 YRS...and still a better pjc than all my friends current & much newer high end TV's....they tell me so....they cant believe it...mine almost looks like an AMOLED SCREEN PIC like my Sammy Galaxy Tab S 5e--tablet.... (article last yr in CNET said that Sammy model TV I bought in 2015 ranks as one of the best TV deals ever offered  in a Black Friday event or any sale---Superb-Superior specs!! and again was only $618...and 5yrs ago that similar 55" ...240 Hz HDTV was selling for approx over $2,000 by others-- I recall that so well....my cell is a cheapo Sammy, too. An All Sammy home.

0 Likes