cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userXPu8LjSlfw
Constellation

Surround sound possible with K650 Soundbar, Radiant R1's as rears and Vizio TV?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Question to the experts out there.  Recently purchased a K650 soundbar and two R1's for my inlaws.  I'm pretty tech savy but seem to be struggling with these R1's.

Goal: Use the K650, wireless subwoofer and R1's to get surround sound with their Vizio TV

Setup: Local provider cable box is HDMI'd to the sound bar HDMI in, the sound bar is HDMI'd out to the Vizio TV.  I get video on the TV no issue, i get sound on the soundbar and subwoofer no problem. The two R1's and subwoofer are connected to the WIFI and grouped, no issue there except when watching TV, the R1's are not doing their duty (no audio) as rear speakers.

So my question is: Is it possible to get this configuration to perform as a surround sound package for TV?  If so, do i have to change the setup so that audio is coming FROM the TV instead of through the soundbar to the TV? Should i not use the WIFI setup?  If someone call tell me the best way to get htis working, i'd appreciate it.  By the way, the soundbar and R1's have all been updated as of yesterday (March 5th) so i'm going to assume they're on the current most up to date firmware/software.

Looking forward to the communities guidance here...

Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userXPu8LjSlfw
Constellation

Re: Surround sound possible with K650 Soundbar, Radiant R1's as rears and Vizio TV?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RESOLVED

I wiped everything and started from scratch. The key was two fold: Moving the wifi router to maintain a stronger persistent connection and changing the wiring so that the local cable box went directly to the TV via HDMI, TV to the sound bar via optical cable and changing the TV audio out from PCM to BitStream. Once i regrouped all the speakers i was able to see the "surround" option and in secods everything was working great, including the rear R1's acting as proper surround sound rear speakers.

The guides and even the support staff at Samsung said it can't be done without a Samsung TV.  That's bologna, this works perfect with the audio-out option on a 60" Vizio.

2 REPLIES 2
userXPu8LjSlfw
Constellation

Re: Surround sound possible with K650 Soundbar, Radiant R1's as rears and Vizio TV?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RESOLVED

I wiped everything and started from scratch. The key was two fold: Moving the wifi router to maintain a stronger persistent connection and changing the wiring so that the local cable box went directly to the TV via HDMI, TV to the sound bar via optical cable and changing the TV audio out from PCM to BitStream. Once i regrouped all the speakers i was able to see the "surround" option and in secods everything was working great, including the rear R1's acting as proper surround sound rear speakers.

The guides and even the support staff at Samsung said it can't be done without a Samsung TV.  That's bologna, this works perfect with the audio-out option on a 60" Vizio.

uservq2ah2Axdu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is one option but with a HDMI connection you should be able to control the sound bar with the TV remote via cec/anynet+

Unfortunately, as many Samsung TV owners have found, using the HW-K650 with radiant speakers as a 5.1 system over any other connection but optical produces very little audio volume from the radiant speakers.

As discussed here...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/uk-tv/page/74/thread-id/56