cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

TV keeps reverting to TV speakers when I turn it on

I have a samsung smart TV model UN65NU8000 connected to a samsung soundbar (model N550 ).  A while back I posted on here about an issue.  Often after being shut off for a while, when I started the TV up the remote would be unresponsive with the light blinking for a period of time and then it would always default to TV speakers, usually with sound coming out of both the sound bar and the TV speakers creating a noticeable echo.  
First I was given a new remote.  That did not solve the problem.
Eventually Samsung support sent some TV techs out to me.  They replaced a board and did some resets which fixed it until now.

As of this week it's come back and I have not been able to fix it.  Specifically, it came back after my remote gave me a low battery warning and I changed the batteries, but I reset it multiple times and it still has the issue.  When I start the TV up the sound devices get all messed up.  I've tried resetting the soundbar and force-resyncing the smart remote to no success.    

As far as I can tell the TV has all the latest firmware. 

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: TV keeps reverting to TV speakers when I turn it on

Just replying to keep this post alive because after over a month of back and forth with samsung and the TV repair company that was referred to me no progress has been made. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having the same exact issue in both my tvs which have samsung soundbars on them. very annoying to turn the tv on and each time having to disable the samsung tv speakers!

Highlighted
Constellation

Having same issue with Q7 LED & Samsung soundbar with sub. Very annoying, almost everytime we turn on the TV it is on TV speakers & I have to go in and change it.

Using optical cable for soundbar.

Astronaut

I'm having the same issue.  

QN75Q6 television

Q60R soundbar

This is really frustrating.  The internet is littered with these observations, and the only answer is that Samsung will offer this "feature".  It's a bug.  Should be an easy fix.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am also having this issue with a M450 soundbar and Q7 TV.  I power the soundbar off and on and it then works as the TV identifies the soundbar as the correct (optical) input.  This may be a power on sequence issue.

Highlighted
Constellation

The same thing happens with LG tv's. I send everything through my reciever and both LG and Samsung default to TV sound. The solution- get a fire stick. It is a much cleaner interface than than smart tv's anyway.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same issues with my Samsung 55" UN55RU8000FXZA. We just purchased this TV  in October 2019 with a Samsung sound bar .Until reading this post my first thought was that we were accidentally hitting the wrong button when the TV was first turned on. However, now we realize there is definitely an annoying flaw with these Samsung TV's. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same Issue and setup as original Poster

TV: UN65N8000FXZA
soundbar: HW-N550

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried these steps provided by another user? 

1. Hold down the "Gear/Settings" button on the Soundbar remote.
    • Keep holding it down until you see the soundbar flash "INT" on the display.

2. Once you see the INT release the button and the soundbar should power down and say "BYE." 

3. Power back on the soundbar pressing the Power button.
    • Let the soundbar go thought its startup process. You should see "D.IN" displayed at first then "TV ARC" then HDMI1 or HDMI2. (whatever is plugged into the soundbar.)
    • In my case, AppleTV was plugged into HDMI1 so I saw HDMI1 displayed. 
      Also, I note that "Dolby Atmos" was enabled and displayed on my TV during this power-up.

4. The TV settings should now be set to Samsung Soundbar 850 or ... whatever soundbar you have. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Home-Theater/Re-TV-REVERTS-TO-TV-SPEAKERS-WITH-SAMSUNG-SOUNDBAR-...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.