cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useriuDSTNYhim
Constellation

Re: The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this devi

I just had this error today in my ubd-k8500-za watching a show on the large internet sellers video membership site. Can't use the company name.

userBhzrdUnWoX
Astronaut

Re: The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this devi

What you mean about mute from DVD player and they block on screen so I can’t see full picture

user0bFwRP4dD8
Astronaut

Ditto.

The fun part is support's only (public) solution is, "Have you updated to the latest firmware?"

The SUPER fun part is that the last update I got....disabled the wifi driver.  Can't stream anything on it anymore.  On the plus side, I never get bothered by mandatory updates anymore.  On the downside... I'm past my 3 year refund/replacement date.

And to think I used to recommend Samsung products.  Not anymore.  Congratulations, Samsung!  No, really, I do RF design.  I probably know some of your people.

userSAXhqvP65i
Constellation

just started happening to me have had this dvd blueray surround sound for a few years and yes it says it has the lastest update this is ridiculous samsung just like the tv i bought from you guys that only lasted 3 years 

uservjpuEVi0fI
Constellation

Same thing happened to us. I don't understand how Samsung hasn't fix this problem yet!! Never buying again!

userry8NcoWukZ
Astronaut

I need to over ride this ,i cant hear my movie

@dklawitter wrote:
When playing The Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2 DVD for approximately 20 minutes the audio became muted and the following message appeared on the screen: “Audio outputs temporarily muted. Do not adjust the playback volume. The content being played is protected by Cinavia and is not authorized for playback on this device. For more information, see http://www.cinavia.com. Message Code 3.” When I went to that web site the definition of Message Code 3 states: “Explanation: The audio track of the video that you are playing contains a Cinavia code indicating that it is an unauthorized copy of professionally-produced content.” The DVD was obtained from Netflix and when I contacted them they advised me that there may be a firmware update needed for the DVD Player and to contact Samsung for assistance. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem?

userry8NcoWukZ
Astronaut

Yes im expericing now and want the problem solved
userRPLpd8YlIF
Constellation

How do we make this stop, it’s done this on multiple movies.  Our DVD player does not have WiFi available.  We bought it solely to play dvds.  Does this mean we wasted our money on a player that doesn’t even work?   I’d like a refund from Samsung if this is the case.  No where on the box at purchase did it say it would do this to the dvds I’ve bought!!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@ userRPLpd8YlIF What is the model number of the player? Where were the discs purchased?

user9Y3q45tF1F
Astronaut

Mine was bought from walmart and I did not get to hear the last 20 min of movie software version 1.00.06 I don't have internet or a memory stick what do I do?