cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Transporting from Store - MUST the box be upright?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im thinking of getting the UN75NU7100FXZA (TV 75" NU7100) from Best Buy.

I measured both in-the-box and outside-the-box dimensions. I planned on using our Tahoe to transport it home (In-Box). But the rep at best buy said that the tv/box MUST be upright and cannot be leaned at an angle what so ever.

I wondered if anyone could confirm the validity of this statement. The concern he brought up was that because they are so thin, any bump in the road could dent the screen or back panel.

What If I were to bring pillows and blankets for padding (the tahoe is inclosed). It'd only be at a slight angle. The trip is 3 miles (only 12mins). I could put my caution signals on and even take back roads.

This is supposed to be a suprise. So even if Best Buy provides free shipping, it'd be too obvious and the timeframe will more than likely be off.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Transporting from Store - MUST the box be upright?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Varxtis, We do suggest transporting the television vertically to avoid potential damage to the screen.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Varxtis, We do suggest transporting the television vertically to avoid potential damage to the screen.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you do put the box on its side. Make sure it is screen side up.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I took you advice and had the tv delivered to ensure it was upright during transport... aaaand.... the tv fell over during transport lol. Theyre sending a replacement.