cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Trouble splitting HDMI ARC Audio

I have a Samsung Q80 (QN65Q80RAFXZA) and Samsung soundbar (HW-Q60R) with Samsung wireless speaker (SWA-8500S/ZA).  It all works wonderful! I also have 2 sets of Bluetooth speakers I would like to run and I can switch to them in the TV. 

But it occurred to me that I should be able to split the audio out of the HDMI signal and send it to a Bluetooth transmitter, and have the Bluetooth speakers running all the time. They are far enough away that I'm not worried about audio delay. 

So first I tried splitting the signal off my source to the TV (Amazon Fire Cube) but that caused intermittent black outs. The screen would go blank for just a fraction of a second at random times. From what I've read this is a known issue. Unacceptably annoying.  So now I’m trying to use the signal from the TV to the Soundbar.  At best I’ve gotten the TV to see the splitter as a receiver, but then the sound doesn't work. I've used many splitters including those that say they work with ARC and duplicate the EDID, such as the Orei 4K 60Hz 18G HDMI 2.0 Audio Converter Extractor ARC Support - SPDIF + 3.5mm Output - HDCP 2.2 - Dolby Digital/DTS Pass-through CEC, HDR, Dolby Vision, HDR10 Support (HDA-925)  and Orei UltraHD 4K @ 60 Hz 1 X 4 HDMI SPLITTER 1 In 4 Out 4 Port 4: 8-Bit - HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.18 Gbps. I used top quality 8K HDMI cables.

One note about my setup, with the soundbar transmitting to the surround speakers apparently (per Samsung support) the 2nd HDMI port on the soundbar is disabled. Apparently that 2nd HDMI port is made for exactly what I want, setting up a 2nd audio device, but it cant do that and connect to wireless surround. And my wireless surround is working as 5.1 I assume because I get background noises from it different than from the soundbar. It's really wonderful. 

So, is there any way for me to split the audio out of the HDMI ARC cable running from the TV to the soundbar and still have the tv see the connection as the soundbar?